Bad Frank

It was around four in the morning as a little boy sneaked through the camp, he wore his blue jammies and walked barefoot over the dirt heading towards Potter's tent. The colonel would be leaving tomorrow for six whole days, and Chris woke up with a feeling of wanting to be close to him before he left. He just needed to make sure his friend was fine, he just needed to see the man was alive and well.

Hawkeye heard something leave the tent, his subconscious mind got alerted as he slowly started to wake up, he needed to make sure that wasn't Chris. His kid could be just going to the latrines, but Chris already started getting a bit clingy with the colonel yesterday before he put the boy to bed. Last night Chris stayed close to the man, getting him a drink and sitting close during movie night.

His foggy brain was telling him to get up, but he was so tired, and he didn't want to get up! Everyone knew Hawkeye wasn't a morning person, and now it wasn't even close to morning, why couldn't his kid do these things when I'm awake? Was that too much to ask? He grumbled annoyed as he finally managed to open his eyes.

Everything was still dark around him as he slowly sat up. His kid's bed was empty just like BJ's, who was on duty and Frank was sleeping happily and even mumbling in his sleep about being in charge. Clearly, the man was looking forward to being the boss in Potter's absence.

Chris wasn't back yet, meaning this was no longer a latrine break, but an escaped naughty child. Hawkeye rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as the room slowly came into focus. He still had some hope his kid would return anytime soon from the latrine, but as the minutes ticked by, he knew he had to get up.

He groaned as he sat up and put on his bathrobe, maybe he's been too lenient the last time, he caught Chris out of bed twice earlier last week, and he sent him back, with just a warning and a stern talking too. Maybe if he had punished the child, he wouldn't have to get up today.

Finding the child didn't take long, as Hawkeye knew where to look.

Chris was sneaking around the colonel's tent and Hawkeye saw the boy stop at the door and opened it just a crack to peek through, his small tush sticking up in the air.

If Hawkeye wasn't so disappointed, he could've chuckled at the thought it made a very easy target for his hand, but that would give the boy a heart attack or most likely a panic attack. Instead, he cleared his throat.

The child let out a tiny squeak that thankfully didn't wake the colonel, he shot up and almost let the door hit his face. He turned around and faced his very annoyed dad.

Chris gulped and without his dad having to ask, walked over to stand in front of the man. “I-I... I'm s-sorry.” he started, but his dad interrupted him by taking hold of the back of his neck sternly.

“Young man! Have I been too soft on you? ”

Chris looked at the ground and shook his head, he didn't want to see
the scolding look on his dad's face. He hated this! He hated getting his dad angry with him.

“No? Then why is this the third time this week? I wonder if I should spank you every time I find you out of bed.”

“Nooo... Don't.” Chris said softly. He didn't want to be punished at all. Hawkeye tapped the boy's chin, requesting eye contact. Chris looked up and dread filled his body as he saw the angry expression of his dad. His dad looked determined and very mad, letting the boy know he was going to be punished. Tears welled up, but he tried very hard not to cry.

Hawkeye guided the boy away from the tent. “Well, what do you have to say for yourself? " Chris had no excuse so he just told him he was very sorry.

“Next time you sneak out in the middle of the night, don't expect to get away with it. I'm done with getting up in the middle of the night and you will stop today. "