Changing

Damon P.O.V.

I'd followed Bella's scent as the crow, knowing it would get me to where ever she was faster, but I still wasn't fast enough. My heart dropped into my stomach as I saw Bella sprawled on the floor, I could see that some ribs were very obviously broken and her arm too. The cold one was stood with an almost remorseful smile on his face as he raised his leg over Bella's beautiful one, his intent to smash that too clear on his face.

I fell next to him in my human form, the anger I felt was unprecedented. I wanted to rip apart his body leaving th pieces un-burnt so he could feel every bit of pain from the act for the rest of eternity! I didn't just want him to die I wanted the cold one to suffer excruciating pain for what he'd done to Rocky!

A feral roar ripped through my throat, the fury I was feeling making itself know through my baser instincts.

The cold one turned to look at me surprised. Surprised but not worried. Fool.

"Damon!" Bella screamed my name twice, or tried to, her voice was weak with pain. That fucker was going to pay for this, Wildcat should never sound weak. Never.

The cold one gave a lazy smile as I launched myself at him, fury guiding my instincts. In the last second he dropped next to Bella and I soared over him. I missed. Well I wouldn't miss again. People were scared of me for a reason, my name was known throughout the supernatural world for a reason. Damon Salvatore never lost, and he never left survivors.

I smelt the blood, I heard her scream and I could hear his teeth ripping into her neck. I let loose another roar and jumped. Ripping apart the fucker piece by piece, white hot anger, worry and pain rippled through me. My eyes were cold as they stared into the crimson eyes of the vampire, a smirk across my face as I slowly took his head off, vindication flowing through me as his scream of pain was cut short.

As soon as the disco ball was dismembered I blurred next to Bella.

"Bella!" I called to her, worried and pain wrecked my voice, her eyes were closed and her heart was weak. She had to be okay. She had to be.

"Damon! Don't let me turn into one of them! Please, not into one of them!" The questions that phrase posed would have to wait, would have to wait till I took care of the beautiful, fragile girl in front of me.

"Okay Isabella, okay. I'll help you sweetheart, you just stay still okay?" I asked, my voice betraying my worry. Still if her sparkly ex-boyfriend could do this with out killing her, the one who was addicted to her blood and fed like a shark, I was pretty sure that I could. Hell Damon Salvatore could do anything. I hoped.

I latched my teeth onto the bite mark round her neck and sucked in her blood. It tasted vile, I wanted nothing more than to spit it out but even as tainted as it was I couldn't bring myself to waste her life blood, so with a grimace I swallowed it down. And again, and again till her blood tasted sweet and potent. It was the best blood I'd ever drank.

I tore myself away from her throat with a groan, but I had complete control over my animal, I'd had five hundred years to perfect it after all.

Now would come the hard part.

~0~

B.P.O.V.

My eyes started fluttering as I slowly dragged myself awake. Damn, my head hurt. In fact every part of me hurt, my arms, my legs, my back. I felt like I had the worlds worse hangover after falling down every set of stairs I'd ever walked on.

I groaned before sitting slowly up. What the hell had happened last night? I couldn't remember anything. All I knew was that I needed some water and some aspirin desperately.