Lend An Ear

Bella P.O.V.

Damon broke off from me with a barely repressed growl much to my confusion. Why was he stopping? Had I done something wrong?

"Bella? Didn't you hear me? He's a vampire!"

Okay now I got it and I was just annoyed as Damon, but I wanted some fun too and I knew Damon would play along.

"Edward can you not take a hint? Get lost, I'm busy." I responded not taking my eyes off Damon, but I unravelled my hands from his hair, my hands travelling to his broad, muscular shoulders instead. I could feel that my lips were swollen and that I had slight stubble burn on my chin.

"He's dangerous Bella, he's a vampire." Edward repeated himself.

"Don't be ridiculous." I frowned turning to look at Edward, Damon shifted to stand behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist. "There's no such things as vampires, right? And even if there were Damon has blue eyes."

Damon was kissing and licking my neck making it hard to focus. He was obviously trying to annoy Edward further, it looked as though he was succeeding.

"Bella he is, he is a different type of vampire, a Night Walker." Edward was stepping closer now.

I looked over my shoulder at Damon just as he exposed his vampire face. "You found out my secret Wildcat, he's right, I am a vampire, I am dangerous, I am a creature of the night."

"And annoying, melodramatic, egotistical."

"Sexy, funny, handsome." Damon said his face still displaying his darker side.

"You knew!?" Edward groaned out, his jaw clenched so tightly that I was sure had he been human he'd have one heck of a dental bill. "How can you be near him, he's a monster, a killer. Come with me, I'll keep you safe! I'll protect you!"

"Well out of the two serial killers that I have dated – wow, I think I may have a problem..."

"Oh, you do have a problem Klutz." Damon added for me with a smirk in his voice. I rolled my eyes in response.

"Oh well. Out of the two of you, he's managed to keep me the safest. Please, please, listen to what I say Edward. I want Damon. I. Do. Not. Want. You." I said as clearly and decisively as I could.

"He's controlling you! They can do that you know." Edward was not letting it go.

"No, they can't. Or they can, not me though. My minds my own, remember?" I rolled my eyes this time out of genuine anger though rather than playfulness as it had been with Damon.

I opened my mouth to speak again when there was a mass exodus from The Grill. Out piled all the Cullen's followed by all my family and friends, including the human ones; Elena, Jeremy, Alaric, Matt and Jenna. My heart swelled with love for these people.

The Cullen's all went to stand behind Edward whereas my family and friends surrounded Damon and I. If it wasn't for the fact that I was so annoyed the Mexican stand-off we had going on would have been amusing. I almost sniggered at seeing only seven of them and the eleven of us though.

"What is going on here?" Jenna asked after a minute of tense silence.

"Well Edward is trying to get me to leave Damon, he thinks he's dangerous and is going to hurt me." I said, not taking my eyes off the Cullen's who of course hadn't changed at all.

"We've all warned her. It's no use." Caroline said and I could literally hear her eyes rolling in her head.

I gently elbowed Damon as he growled. "Enough Toothless, not helping."