Building Tensions

Bella P.O.V.

I arrived on my bike at the Boarding house just before five, Damon had said five thirty, but I just couldn't bring myself to stay away any longer, which bugged me. Damon wasn't going to stick around forever and sooner rather than later I would have to learn to live without him again. This meant that rushing round to see him early had to stop. I just wasn't quite sure how to stop it. Or, if I was being honest, if I wanted to stop it. Was it fair to give Damon only some of the affection and attention I was capable of just because one day he wouldn't be there? Wouldn't it just be better to enjoy the time that I had left with him? Of course, when put like that there wasn't any other answer, I knew I would see and care for Damon as much as I could before he left my life.

I knocked before walking in, 'feeling' with my freaky new superpower that Damon was in his amazing kitchen. I headed that way, calling out as I did.

"In the kitchen" Damon called back confirming what I'd already known.

I could smell something heavenly just before I entered the large space. I was eternally grateful that Damon could eat and drink as well as cook. I used to feel like a circus sideshow eating and drinking around the Cullen's. Damon though could not only partake with me, but he also enjoyed it.

"It smells delicious in here!" I complimented as I walked into the kitchen to be greeted by the sight of Damon chopping herbs faster than my poor eyes could follow.

"It should do, it's been marinating for twelve hours now." Damon popped the finely chopped herbs into a pot and blurred over to me. He flashed me a quick grin before leaning down into me slowly, I reached up in response, the anticipation sending sparks through me. His lips touched mine gently, once, twice and a third slowly building into something more heated. Damon was the one who pulled away first, his eyes beaming while his mouth settled into his usual smirk. "You're early Wildcat, couldn't keep away any longer?"

"I was bored. It was either you or homework." I teased reaching up for another kiss.

"Well I'm flattered." Damon said sarcastically but kissed me back anyway. I could lose myself in his kisses and touches.

The meal was amazing as expected and the conversation flowed as normal, however under everything I couldn't shake Elena's words. I was desperately trying, after all I had told myself and fully believed that I should enjoy the time that I did have with Damon. But old habits died hard and all that jazz.

After the meal Damon and I made our way to one of Damon's amazingly comfortable couches to carry on our debate about literature. He liked a little of every genre like me but couldn't stand Emily Bronte. I was defending one of my favourite authors while disagreeing with his stance that Vonnegut was a wordsmith. As far as I was concerned Slaughter House five was a mismatch of written words that did nothing to get across a convoluted story about war, life and death.

Somehow our debate ended up turning into the hottest make out session ever.

I was straddling Damon, one hand clutching his shoulder the other tangled in his silky raven locks. His hands were on my ass, kneading and grabbing in time with our frantic kisses, both of us trying to dominate the other with our mouths. Damon's hands moved to my hips, his thumbs just brushing the top of my waistband. Skin on skin as he bit down gently on my lip. I couldn't help the guttural moan that left me then.

"Fuck you're hot Wildcat." Damon groaned his mouth leaving mine so that we could breath before peppering open mouthed kisses down my jaw bone and onto my neck. His lips had reached my collar bone which was making the fire inside me burn harder and hotter when he stopped.