Epilouge

It was finally here the day I'd been looking forward to for what had felt like forever. There had been pain and tears, hard work and freak-outs but it was here. Finally. We'd made it.

Today Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Stefan, Matt, Tyler and I would graduate high school. Only two of us would be graduating as a normal human as we'd started but we'd still made it, most of us even after our deaths. It was something I was immensely proud of.

My dad had flown over to watch the ceremony, I was pretty sure at Damon's expense but neither of them had mentioned that, so I was ignoring it as well.

Dad was so proud and angry, but mostly proud I was pretty sure. Damon's genuine smile said everything, his scowl when he saw Elena also spoke volumes.

Elena... I forgave her almost instantly, she had been my first friend here and I would never forget her easy acceptance of a stranger in her house, how she was one of the first to help me become who I was, someone I was happy to be. She didn't want me to sacrifice myself for her, that wasn't her. So, when she came to me genuinely upset then of course I forgave her, how could I not. However, I wouldn't forget. There was part of her that was in love with Damon, that had become glaringly obvious and while I could be friendly with her, I could never have the same relationship with her. I just didn't trust her round my vampire.

To make matters worse it seemed like I was the only one who could easily forgive Elena, or me and Caroline anyway. Caroline couldn't hold a grudge to save her life. Ric was still cold towards her, Stefan was noticeably upset, Bonnie turned a hard shoulder most of the time and Damon... Yeah Damon was going to rip her throat out if she ever came back to the Boarding House, not just threaten to he would do it without remorse.

The Boarding House was the reason that Charlie was currently darting between angry and proud despite it being my graduation. Damon had set him up in one of the guest rooms, far away from our room and Charlie had quickly figured out that I wasn't just visiting Damon and him, I was actually living there. Well, he wasn't police chief for nothing. He was angry with Alaric, Damon and me, the only saving grace was that I was eighteen closing in on nineteen and he couldn't do anything about it. Anything other than yell at us all anyway. Which he had done. Loudly.

My newish vampire senses were not good for someone shouting at you. I'd been working tirelessly with Damon to try and bring them under control with normally quick success but when I got emotional it normally blew those lessons out of my head.

We'd found out that my gift was... certainly more now. I could actively scan the whole of Mystic Falls and tell you where each mystical creature was and who they were, even if I'd never met them. It was very handy. Especially on the full moon.

I could also compel people as most of our kind could. Damon theorised that I'd gain and have control over more gifts the older I got. Much like he had. I was trying to get him to teach me how to shapeshift into an animal, he said that would probably take years, if not decades to master. I was determined to do it within two years just to prove the arrogant ass wrong.

I was torn out of my musings when Bonnie's name was called out to collect her diploma, clapping and cheering for her along with all of my other friends.

And so it continued till name was called out.

"Swan Isabella."

I went to get proof of my high school education to cheers and claps.

I looked out at the sea of faces. Charlie, Alaric, Jenna, Jeremy, Matt, Elena, Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler, the cheerleading squad, Jacob, Jasper, Alice, Emmett and Rosalie. The people who had helped to make me who I was, the people who had supported me to get here. They were all on their feet for me.