Chapter 2 - ... comes to an end

POV Ranboo:

Well this was quite interesting. I though my brothers and I were the only ones who prefer nicknames and/or our first names more than our family name. But the whole class?! A least I'm not the only one who uses a nickname. Would have been quite awkward then ...

After the introduction we talked about plans for the year and had an overview of the topic our dad would be teaching. He is a teacher for chemistry, biology and physics. He combines all 3 subjects into one overall subject: ‚natural sciences'. 

This is actually my favourite subject. Thanks to him, I could understand very fast why my skin is so special. Thanks to my skin I can teleport within a range of 1 km. Do to it's special nature it's not only sensitive,  but also extremely water hostile. The sweat and tears, as an example, I produce are not made of water, but a water-like substance, which doesn't hurt me. Sadly, every other form of water hurts me: rain, water spray and even sweat or tears from other people. BUT, not every ‚water' automatically hurts me. Snow doesn't burn me unless it directly melts on my skin. Water in form of gas only stings, but doesn't burn me too. 

The whole topic is really complicated, but it really helps me to understand my quirk better. Our father didn't only help me, but all of us. All of us has, or had, difficulties with the nature of their quirks.

„Ranboo?"

I was suddenly pulled out foamy memories by dad. It didn't realised that I was spacing out.

I was looking at him slightly flustered and helpless. He got the sign and asked me an easy question, knowing that it would embarrass me otherwise.

My first day at the new school, and I already spaced out...

Thankfully we were released by the lunch bell.

Dadza: „Okay everybody. Go outside and strength yourself. After lunch you will have English with Present Mic. A little advice from my side: he likes to scream. Have a good day and see you tomorrow!"

All Students: „Sayōnara gozaimasu Watson-Sensei!"

We stood up and hurried to the lunch room. Currently I was waiting in the line for the food. 

???: „I'm sorry for my rudeness, but can I ask you something?"

I turned around and saw one of my classmates. If I remember correctly his name was Brendon Morton, but he preferred ‚Sneegsnag' as a nickname. 

Me: „Sneegsnag, am I right?"

Sneegsnag: „Yeah, that's me. I wanted to ask you something..."

Me: „Yeah, you can."

We quickly grabbed our food and went to sit down at an empty table. 

Me: „So, what is it?"

Sneegsnag: „You're quirk is called ‚Enderian', as you told us during the introduction. You explained that you can teleport, but water burns you if I understood right, no?"

Me: „Very short and simple: yes."

Sneegsnag: „But why is your skin half white and half black? It doesn't make any sense to me, if I'm honest."

Me: „Oh, so that's about it. I was kinda worried, what you want to ask me. It's do to my parents..."

Sneegsnag: „But how does Watson-Sensei-..."

Me: „No, he is my adoptive father. I'm talking about my biological parents. I can't remember them really, but it doesn't bother me at all. After a DNA-test was done when I was younger, we found out that I'm a hybrid. I have similarities with different animals or animalistic quirks: horns, claws, paws, tail, ... One of my parents, as it seems, had a cat quirk and the other one demon quirk. One skin completely white, one completely black. I am a fusion of both."