Chapter 5 - Second Fight

Heros:

Hitoshi Shinsou - Quirk: Brainwash

Niki Wilson - Quirk: Siren

Villains:

Kyoka Jiro - Quirk: Earphone Jack

Mezo Shoji - Quirk: Dupli-Arms

POV Hitoshi:

For the second battle it was Wilsons and my turn. The first battle went by pretty fast and now I was kinda nervous. 

Wilson: „Hey, are you okay?"

Me: „Yeah just nervous, that's all. But thanks Wilson."

Wilson: „Just Niki. No need to always say my last name. So, what is your quirk?"

Me: „Oh, uh... It's....it's nothing special..."

Niki: „Does it have to do with your voice?"

I was speechless. I didn't use my quirk the whole time and I didn't saw her during my entrance exam. Does she...?

Niki: „You don't need to freak out. I was just guessing because of your costume, or precisely, because of your mask."

I was still silent

I was still silent. Would be judge me? Everybody has done it before, so why should she be different... I'm in a hero school AND in the hero course, but people still are shit sometimes. It is a villainous quirk after all. And she-

Niki: „You know, everybody thinks that quirk only helps me in water. I mean, it is kinda obvious too, but this is not the reason why I named my quirk ‚Siren'."

She completely caught me off guard.

Me: „What does this mean?"

Niki: „Have you ever heard of the mythologies of the Sirens and boatsmen?"

Me: „Yeah, I heard of them when I was younger. But I can't really remember the stories."

Niki: „In the mythologies there exists mermaid-like creatures who are called ‚Siren'. They got that name, because they sing lullaby for the boatsmen to capture them. Their voices were hypnotic."