Chapter 4 A new start

Draupadi wakes up to find herself in a beautiful royal chamber. The sun set was clearly visible from the window. Draupadi woke up hastily. Did she sleep in the chariot only? Oh No. She couldn't perform any ritual. She slept the whole afternoon. Wonder what her in-laws will think of her. Wonder what Karna would think of her!

She quickly combed her hair and came out of her chamber when she bumped into a simple looking lady. She mistook her to be the caretaker of the palace. She asked her, " Could you please tell me where is Rajmata?" Draupadi imagined her to be sitting in her chamber, fuming in anger, waiting for Draupadi to come and when she will go, Rajmata will scold her and reduce her to tears for sleeping in the afternoon.

When suddenly, a daasi came towards them and said to the lady, "Rajmata, Maharaj wishes to see you." "In a moment." replied the lady.

Draupadi at once realized that the lady was only Rajmata. She at once fell at her feet and apologized to her. She expected her to get angry as mother-in-law usually do. But instead she smiled at her and said, "Putri, I don't live here usually. I live in Hastinapur with my husband. I come here seldom. So don't worry about having an in-law. Besides, people often confuse me with a caretaker because of my simplicity. Don't worry."

"Are you not angry with me for sleeping throughout the afternoon and not performing the rituals of a newly wedded bride." Draupadi asked making an innocent face.

"No, you were having a slight fever too. So you needed some rest. Now let me go or else Karna will get angry." Rajmata left. Before leaving she introduced Draupadi to Vaishali. She was an old friend of Karna and now lived in the palace and will be Draupadi's companion.

Draupadi found Vaishali very friendly. She thought they will make the best of friends.

Draupadi asked her, "Vaishali, what do you think? Does Karna loves me?"

Vaishali answered, "I don't know. But I got to know that Maharaj is going to accept the proposal of his marriage with Magadh princess Nayantara. Think of that. He just married you and is going to marry another princess. Maybe this answers your question."

Draupadi was shocked to know this truth. She asks Vaishali to leave her alone for sometime

At night,

Vaishali goes outside the palace with her face hidden. And tells a man, "The work is done. I have manged to break Draupadi's bubble of romancebefore it even forms. Now they will never be happy. Tell Prince Dusasan about this. Radha will soon be dead. Their happiness will vanquish soon."

Precap: "I love you Draupadi and will always love you." said Karna to Draupadi.

Sorry guys for a long gap and short chapter. I 2was suffering from viral fever so couldn't post the chapters.

Love confession in next chapter.

I apologise for any grammatical mistakes or spelling errors.

Love❣2