Sadness part 2

"Pranam pitamah Bhishm. Pranam Rajmata Kunti." Karna said as he and Draupadi touched their feet.
"Aayushman bhav putra."
"Chiranjeevi bhav."
Karna signalled the daasi to bring some water after looking at their condition.
"May I know the reason of your arrival? Is it something related to Hastinapur?" Karna asked.
"No putra." Pitamah Bhishm said as few drops of tear fell from his eyes.
Nakul and Sahdev burst out crying.
"What happened?" Karna said worriedly
"He died in our own arms." Nakul said still crying.
"Putra." Kunti came to him " Adhirath left us forever. He is no more."
It was as if the whole ground slipped from Karna's leg. He fell to his knees in a shock.
"No, no this can't be true." Karna said and started crying.
Draupadi was also in a shock and tried to console Karna but in vain.
Suddenly Radha came there.
"Putra, I will leave for Hastinapur now." Suddenly she saw Pitamah and the Pandava family present there.
"Pranam Pitamah Bhishm. Pranam Rajmata. Why is everyone so gloomy?"
She saw Karna crying badly. "Putra what happened. What happened Draupadi?" She asked worriedly.
"Mata." Said Sahdev still crying "Kaka Adhirath left us forever. He died."
"What?!" Said Radha half shocked. "My Adhirath left me. No, you are lying. Karna you tell what happened."
"It's true mata." Karna said with tears dropping from his eyes.
Radha's breath was failing now. "No, no this can't be true." She said as she couldn't get any breath and she fainted.
"Mata!" Karna shouted.
The daasis were called and soon she was taken to her room.
"Call the vaidya at once."Karna ordered with a fear of losing another beloved one.
"Mata please open your eyes." Draupadi said as she rubbed Radha's hands.
Soon the Vaidya came and asked everyone to go outside.
Draupadi and Mata Kunti consoled Karna as he kept pacing back and forth on the floor.
"Arya nothing will happen to Mata." Draupadi said. Although she was totally shattered from inside because of this sudden turn of incidents, she tried to be strong in front of Karna as Karna was not in his conscious state and could have done any harm to himself.
"No, Draupadi. What if I lose Mata also?" And again Karna broke down.
Vaidya came after what seemed a long 10 minutes and told them, "Your highness, Rajmata got a panic attack. I don't think she will survive for long in this sadness."
"No!" A loud scream was heard from Karna's side.
"Isn't there anything we could do to save her ?" Draupadi asked.
"Your highness" replied the Vaidya "There is a way."
"What way? I am going out to do anything for my mother." Karna said
The vaidya said, "Your highness, the only way to save her is by giving her a happiness that is double the sadness of the incident. Or else,it is all Bholenath's wish."
"Arya, there might be anything that give her immense pleasure. Think." Draupadi said to Karna.
Karna suddenly remembered,"Yes, once Maa had told me that there are only three things that will give her immense pleasure in life."
"What things Arya?" Draupadi asked.
"When I will marry, when my wife and I will touch maa's feet and..." Karna said.
"And..." Draupadi replied.
"When her granddaughter will play in Maa's arms."Karna said as he wiped his tears.
"The first two are done, Arya and the third is not possible." Draupadi said.
"It is." Karna said.
"Arya but we are not ready." Draupadi replied.
"Then we have to lie to Maa that you are pregnant." Karna said.
"Arya,how can we lie? Once she knows the truth she will lose trust on us." Draupadi said.
"I don't care. I just care about my mother's life." Karna said.
Suddenly the Vaidya came, "Maharaj, Rajmata is awake and is calling your and Maharani name"
Karna rushed inside with with wiped tears and happy face.
Karna- Mata, are you fine now?
Radha- Yes, I am feeling a little better. But I should now leave for Hastinapur son.
Karna- Now, you can't. Just now we found out that Draupadi is pregnant. ( I don't think symptoms are seen this early but it is just a lie)
Radha- What! But it's too early. Where is Draupadi?
Now Karna had said the lie, so Draupadi had to act in.
Draupadi entered and Radha started telling her the do's and don'ts of pregnancy.
At last she said, " I will come in the last three months of your pregnancy. Adhirath might be waiting for me. He will also be very happy to know this news."
Karna was shocked. Has her mother forgotten the death of her father ?
Draupadi handled the situation carefully and told her, "Actually Mata, just now we got the news that Baba has gone for some work to Magadh with Prince Vikarna. He will return after one month. "
Radha- Oh, still I will go to Hastinapur only.
Karna- Mata please stay here. Draupadi needs you very much.
Radha- okay But Only till your father returns.
Draupadi soon went to talk to the vaidya about what happened.
Vaidya- It happens in some cases. Better not to remind her of Your majesty's death (Adhirath's death) or it will worsen the condition.
Draupadi went into a deep thought. Karna had said the lie. He had played with someone's feeling just to save his life. She tried to stop him but it was too late. One day mata will know the truth. For how many days can Karna hide the truth?

Precap: "Why the mountain of sadness on us only Draupadi?" Karna said crying.

Sorry guys my exams were going on and then navratri started. No time to update. If the track seems boring please tell me.
I apologise for any grammatical mistakes or spelling errors.

Love ❣️