Chapter 24 Evil Eye

There was a room filled with light. A crib was kept in the middle of the room in which a small and cute baby was sleeping peacefully.

Suddenly darkness engulfed that room. The baby woke up and sat on the crib, crying profusely. He started moving his hands as if crying for help and started shouting, "Mumma, help."

And suddenly Mandavi woke up. She was sweating and shaking badly as if gone through a nightmare. Well it was a nightmare for her. Because seeing your child in helplessness and pain is the biggest nightmare for a mother.

She looked around to find no one, not even Sahdev. This scared her even more. She needed someone's support, someone's care right now.

She drew her knees closer to herself, covered her face with her palms and wept to forget that memory.

Soon, Sahdev entered the room, whistling to himself, relishing the good news his wife told him few days earlier, when he saw Mandavi in a completely devastated condition, weeping bitterly.

He rushed to be next to her and comfort her.

"Mandavi, what happened?" He asked softly as he tried to lift her face up and ask the reason for her sadness.

"My....my.....that.....crying.....help.....I...save....I" she said in between of her hiccups and sobs and then again started crying.

"Mandavi, mandavi. Stop, stop crying." Sahdev said as he made her look at him after numerous futile attempts.

"First, look at me. Ok. Stop crying" Sahdev said gently as he wiped tears from her face but fresh ones again emerged from her eyes.

"If you will cry then the baby will also become like you. A crybaby. Do you want that?" Sahdev asked softly. This worked to some extent as Mandavi's crying was reduced some sniffles and sobs.

Mandavi nodded her head in a no.

"So now tell me. What happened?" Sahdev asked mellifluously. This only resulted in new tears on the verge of spilling from the eyes.

"I saw a dream." Mandavi started with some sobs. "In that our baby was calling me for help but I couldn't save him." Mandavi broke into tears as she completed.

"Mandavi, calm down. No one' gonna hurt our baby and we are there na to protect him." Sahdev said trying to be as gentle as possible.

Mandavi nodded her head in ayes meekly.

"So now, no more crying. OK." Sahdev said happily.

Mandavi jumped into his embrace as he said and Sahdev too engulfed her into a hug.

"By the way," Sahdev said trying to make the environment light. " You said he, that means it's a boy again. I won't be able to see my little princess." Sahdev said with a sad pout.

Mandavi just smiled at his question.

"You will surely get your princess this time, Sahdev. Because if you don't then don't know what you will do." Mandavi said with a smile.

Soon their son came in running towards them and hugged both of them tightly. Their happy little family.

But till how many more moments will it remain happy.

"Now, go. Pray to the god. Thank him for healing your leg. You will feel better." Sahdev said to Mandavi. "Then we'll go and disclose the news to everyone."

Mandavi got off from the bed with a calm and happy face. She freshened up and then started moving towards the inbuilt temple in the castle.

As she was walking, she saw a suspicious man wearing a scarf on his face moving towards Karna's chamber.