Chapter 9 Revelation

Karna was doing his morning prayers facing the Sun god.
"Om suryay namah. Om suryay namah."
Suddenly behind him a bright light emerged.
It was the Sun god himself. He put his hand on Karna's shoulder, "Putra." he said.
Karna turned and knelt down, "Pranam Surya Devta. I am blessed that you grace me with your presence again."
Yes, once before Sun god had come before Karna to encourage him to participate in the competition for becoming the ruler of Anga.
The sun god held Karna's shoulder and made him stand up.
"Putra, I am here to warn you. Soon you will know the biggest truth of your life. Instead of running away from it, accept it." Sun god said.
It was all confusing to Karna. What truth? What was the sun god saying?
"What truth, Surya Devta?" Karna asked.
"That I am not allowed to tell." Sun god said. But seeing Karna's confused face he said,  "Don't worry. The truth won't cause much harm. But at that point your destiny will be forked up. I came to warn you so that you choose the correct path. If you choose the wrong path then what will be the use?" Sun god turned away from Karna to shed some tears.
(Any idea why he did so?)
"Surya Dev?" Karna said.
"And yes do come visit me after you know the truth. Because the truth is related.....to me."

_______________________________

In Hastinapur:

"What happened, Mata?" Nakul asked.
"Yes, why did you call us so urgently?" Sahdev said.
"I wanted to tell you all something." Kunti said nervously as she sat on her bed.
They had never seen their mother so nervous.
"Mata please tell without hesitation." Arjun said as he knelt down to come to her level. The twins followed.
"My sons, I don't know how will you all react to this." Kunti said. "Maybe you start hating me afterwards."
"No Mata. Never." Nakul said.
"Even if you have committed the greatest sin then to we won't stop loving you." Sahdev said.
"Ok then." Kunti said as she took a deep breath. "Karn is your brother." She said in a go.
Nakul and Sahdev first made a "bas itni si baat" expression but then their expression changed to shock as they tried to understand the real meaning of the sentence.
"What do you mean mother?" Arjun asked. "Angraj is our brother. You mean cousin, right?"
"No, Arjun." Kunti said.
And Kunti explained everything about how she got the boon from Rishi Durvasa when she was young, then how she tried to test it and got a son from Surya Dev and how she floated the baby away in the river.
"I recognised him when once he had come for the first time in Hastinapur. When Dusasan tried to assassinate Nakul with the poisonous arrow, Karn had come in front revealing his armor." Kunti ended with tears in her eyes.
"Mata...if this is true........." Nakul said.
"Then we are committing a great sin." Sahdev said.
"Yes Mata. Our eldest brother is living in the forest and we are enjoying this luxury. What is the use of this life then?" Nakul said.
"Mata we will bring Bhrata Karn to Hastinapur. He is the rightful owner of the throne of Hastinapur not Dusasan." Arjun said with determination.
"We leave for the forest tomorrow." Sahdev said.
"But will everyone accept him?" Kunti asked with doubt.
"If they don't, I will crush their bones." Arjun said.
"You sound just like Bhrata Bheem now." Nakul laughed and said.
Everyone was silent for a few moments. They remembered the death of Yudhishthir and Bheem.
"We had lost our two elder brothers that time." Sahdev broke the silence.
"But we got an elder brother again and let's make sure we don't lose him." Arjun said.
Kunti wiped her tears and smiled as she saw her son's accepting the truth.

Precap: You all know so no need to tell

I know plot is becoming boring. But I will wind it up first because a very exciting turn is coming in my mind and I have to finish this all before.

Love ❣️