二十三

✧☾✧

"The Princesses were really nice to me." I sleepily dragged out, rubbing my eyes as i took off my shoes before stumbling towards the small table. 

A loud thud echoed around the room at the old man snapped his eyes towards me in concern before taking off his armor. 

"We all talked a lot.." I huffed, combing some of my hair strands away from my face.

"Oh-.. really?" The old man stammers out, caressing his iron armor before dropping them at the corner of the room, where he always messily does.

"Mhm, i made them midnight snacks and they devoured it immediately." I nodded as i placed my head down the table. "Do you know why, old man?" I murmured. "I thought they'd call someone to taste it to avoid getting poisoned." I added.

"Because they probably know you wouldn't do such a thing." He squatted, patting my head.

"There are other princesses who don't know me." I shook my head, also shaking his hand away in process. "I'm just a stranger." I mumbled, caressing the blue silk robe around me.

"For them, you're probably not."

I perked.

"Then, is that called friends? Friends still betray each other, don't they?" I tilted my head at him, furrowing my brows.

"What is there to be so bothered about anyway?" He asked, shrugging a shoulder.

"Maybe there will be a time that i could hurt people i cherish my whole life.." 

"Do you have a reason to do it?"

"Nothing! I can't imagine a single thing!" I slammed my hands down the table, aggressively shaking my head, and it's true, not just because they are princesses.. but something about them makes me forget that stereotypical princess sometimes, they're special.

"See, what is there to be bothered about?" He asked once again as i pursed my lip. "We all do have times like that." He added.

"Do you have times like that too..?" I murmured, "Have you been betrayed? How does-- no-.. How would it feel?" I asked as he just stood there, backfacing me.

"Sleep now, darling." 

-❖-

"Ms. Park! Oh to have your presence here! What has ensued?"

As soon as i entered the front yard of the cooking shed, i was quickly greeted by a familiar voice carrying a tall stack of cooking pots.

My eyes widened at it as i cautiously stepped away.

"I promised i'd come back to help and clean, right?" I curved a sly grin as the old cooks stepped out shortly. 

"But Young Master, how did you enter the palace so easily?" One of the old man asked as i puffed my chest out with a smug look.

"I do know someone who i bumped into." I bobbed my head as Seola walks in, the royal cooks immediately bowed while Cai Bing raised her other hand up her eyebrows into a salute.

Seola bows back before awkwardly darting her eyes around the place.

"Yeah~ She should probably zoom out now." I cooed as a moment of silence was heard.