Chapter 12

"I was going to get a glass of water. The weed and the alcohol have me dying of thirst right now."

"There's bottled water in that tiny fridge over there." Justin pointed out with one eye almost half open.

Kerri inched her way over to the small fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. She slowly walked back over to the bed taking small sips and trying to think of another excuse to retreat from the bedroom. But it was no use. She laid back down, sheet wrapped around her naked frame, and tried to fall back to sleep. His arm crept its way around her waist and when he felt the sheet, he quickly pushed it out of his way so he could touch her.

She could feel Justin's breath on the back of her neck as he drifted back off to sleep. Her mind was racing a million miles a minute as she replayed the events of the night before through her mind. How could they both let his happen? Not just once, but twice! They were supposed to be friends.

Kerri was exhausted...Exhausted from thinking and re-thinking about what she was going to do or say to him when the sun came up. She eventually decided to take Justin's advice and cross the bridge of consequences in the morning. She scooted back a few inches until her body was up against Justin's chest. A smile glimmered across her face, when she felt his lips brush across the back of her neck and his embrace tightened around her.

At around 10am Kerri opened her eyes slightly and discovered her head draped across Justin's chest. She could hear the repetitive beating of his heart and could feel the warmth of his hand on her naked back. She could hear the TV and turned her head slightly to see what was on. Justin's hand lightly rubbed her back and it was then when she realized that he was awake. "Sleep well?" he asked.

Kerri pulled at the sheet and lifted herself off Justin's chest to cover her exposed body. "Yeah. I think I forgot where I was for a minute there."

Justin watched her as she looked around the room holding the sheet tight against her chest. "What are you looking for?"

"My clothes." She chuckled nervously.

"They're still in the kitchen," he smiled, thinking about the night before.

"How many times did we..."

"You don't remember?"

"I remember being in the kitchen with you and then here in your bed, but I-"

"You don't remember about the balcony?"

Kerri shot her head back at him, "The balcony?"

Justin just laughed, "I'm kidding. It was only those two times." He lifted his hand up to touch the side of her neck, "I'm sorry about that."

Kerri didn't know what he was talking about. She lifted her hand towards her neck and could feel the slight sting of pain. She grabbed the sheet and got up from the bed, heading over to the mirror to investigate. She noticed a large circular mark on her neck. It was almost red and she could see where some of the blood vessels had burst. "I got a little carried away last night." He confessed.

Kerri pressed down on the area and moved her hand away when the pain resurfaced. She could see Justin getting up from the bed and heading towards her-Still naked. She could feel herself staring down, taking in every inch of him as he drew closer to her. He walked up beside her and Kerri bolted out of the way. He could tell she was uneasy. He bent down and opened his dresser drawer to grab a pair of boxers and slid them onto his body. He then leaned down again and grabbed another pair along with a t-shirt and walked over to Kerri who was now standing near the corner of the room.

"You can put these on." Justin placed the clothes into her outstretched arms and lifted his hands towards Kerri's neck, fixing her necklace in place. She noticed what appeared to be faint traces of teeth marks as well as long red lines, like those of fingernails, running down length of his chest. She dropped the clothes onto a nearby chair and traced her index finger over one of the lines. "I'm sorry about this."