Chapter 7

I winced as the sharp edge of the sword dug into my neck slightly. That he would let me stay on the ship without telling anyone wasn't going to happen any time soon, and seeing as that appeared to be my only option, I would have to take a different approach to the matter. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." I pushed the blade away slightly and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Your going to go to the captain? Just like that?" As he spoke, he lowered his sword and I saw how loose his grip on it was. I decided to go for the opportunity.

"Now, why would I do something like that?" I lunged and grabbed the sword from his hand and had it against his neck quicker that I would have expected. "Now, you are not to tell anyone, anyone, I'm here. I'll also need a place to stay."

"What makes you think I'll do what you want?" he spat.

"I don't think your in any position to argue," I said.

"You must be mad if you think I'll do anything a vampire says! Why would I? Your evil!"

"Two reasons. First, if you haven't noticed, I have a sword against your neck." I pushed the blade against his throat a little more and saw him wince. "Second, like you said before, I'm a vampire. Do you really think you'd stand a chance against me in any sort of fight?"

"That doesn't make a difference!"

"I think you'll find it does." I wasn't aiming to draw any blood (that would end in disaster) but I dug the blade in a bit more. "Now, will you tell anyone one I'm on board?"

He glared hard at me, his green piercing green eyes full of menace. "No."

"Now, a place to stay."

"I've only been on this ship twice! I can't find my way around yet and you expect me to find you somewhere to hide?"

"Yes," I said. "There must be somewhere."

"There isn't." His eyes flickered towards the door.

"You aren't going anywhere until you tell me where I can stay!"

"I told you!" he growled. "I don't know anywhere!"

"Your lying. Do you want me to slit your throat then?"

He threw his hands up in defeat. "Fine! Stay in my cabin!"

"Good!" I kept the sword there, as I didn't want him running off. "Wait, you have your own cabin?"

"Of course. Don't sound so surprised. It's a big ship. Everyone has a room, no matter how unimprtant they are."

"OK, well you can take me there now then."

"And who gave you the authority to tell me what to do?" he glowered.

"Again, I don't think your in any position to argue," I said, pushing the sword harder against his throat.

He gasped in pain and I soon realised my mistake. A thin line of red was trickling down his neck. Oh dear God, no! I held my hands over my mouth and nose, dropping the sword, but it was too late. The scent had filled the room.

Suddenly there was nothing else in the room, just me and the heavenly scent of warm blood. I attacked quickly, biting into flesh, and I sighed. The taste was exquisite. It took over my mind completely and I was soon lost in the flavor.

I let go of the blood source and licked the wound, savouring the tast, when I was suddenly and violently pushed to the ground.

I sat there, dazed for a while, waiting for the effects to wear off. The room was blurry, all brown. Then two smudges of green joined the brown.