|| 7 ||

Samuel's POV

Samuel's POV

when I think back to the past assistants I have had, I don't remember much of their names or what their personalities, but I do recall specific moments of theirs that had ticked me off.

One threw her self at me, and after sleeping with me she thought that she had free reign to do as she pleases in the office, using my name as her shield, she made lower workers do her work, threatening them by using my name, saying it was under my orders. One ran off after I scolded him for his tardiness. Another was more disorganized than I was, setting up meeting at the same time, mixing important documents together, and was forgetful in reminding me about important meetings.

My last one may be the only I one I actually pitied for a bit when Chloe made him her slave. Always screaming at him to let her through to my office, ordering him to get her coffee, her dry cleaning, rely her messages to me and adjust my schedule to fit hers, or to clear it completely even though she wouldn't spend time with me, she just didn't want me to meet a female client. What got him fired was when he gave my schedule, my timetable of meetings, and logs of clients that also included confidential information to Chloe.

That almost got me fired, I nearly lost it on him, but I couldn't risk being sued on top of breaching the confidentiality agreement.

Even though I'm quite laid back when conversing with Dmitri, that time I could only stay silent, and apologize. I was more scared of being beaten by him rather than fired that day, he didn't shout or scream he spoke calmly but his words were like poison as he interrogated me on what had happened.

I knew the importance of having an assistant, but I have a certain way of dealing with things, and sometimes I am not at my best. I get angry, annoyed, and stressed and I don't try to hide it.

My past assistants have always came into the job, thinking I'll be the typical stonic, serious, cold stereotypical CEO that they read about, but in reality I am a mess, a hotheaded, asshole.

I am a human being. They can't handle that even people in high positions are not what they think.

I thought it would be the same with Rosella.

I didn't think she would last long, it didn't seem like she was experienced in the field, she look lively and naive, she had energy to put effort in her appearance as if her job was not draining at all. Add to the fact that her friend had to get the job for her, meant that she was either a lazy person who didn't want to go through the interview process, or someone who no one wanted to hire.

on her first day she looked like a kid in a candy store, her eyes full of excitement, and curiosity.

I wanted to crush that excitement.

It has only been a week, and yet no matter what I did it didn't seem to bother her.

how annoying.

I couldn't understand her why was she so happy and bubbly.

When I shouted at her, she only nodded unfazed by my outburst, when I purposely try to overwhelm her, by adding people to my schedule, changing the times of meetings on my own over and over again, she didn't complain and obliged to it even making it a functional schedule. Even making her run a few errands, she did so with a smile.

Everything she did was not at all what I had expected.

By the end of the week I thought I had figured her out, but then she did something that surprised me once a again.

She boldly rearranged my schedule to fit Chloe in, practically threw me under the bus

normally I would be mad and probably would have fired if it was anyone else, but I was too impressed to even react when she threw Chloe's business card in the trash, clearly indicating she had no intention on following through, but she achieved her goal, and helped me avoid an encounter with Chloe

I unknowingly let out a snicker, when she twirled to face me, with her wide eyes and pouty lips, my eyes lingered to her rosy lips "Maybe your good for something after all, a talent for fending people off I take it" I reply quickly trying to hide my admiration so she wouldnt know I was looking at her lips, she surely would make fun of me, or use it to her advantage but I sounded a bit to harsh

Maybe she would snap back at me, glare at me while telling me off

"Like I have mentioned Mr. Blake I am a women with many talents" she replies almost instantly unfazed by my tone flashing me the same mischievous smile she used since our first encounter

She wasn't affected by my rudeness, it stunned me

"clearly, I look forward to seeing more" I say, giving in to the women

it never ends good for me when I argue with her, and for some reason I didn't feel like I should argue back with her

And that was the truth, I wondered what else would she do, she made me curious, what her next reply would be, would it be snarky, or sassy, would she glare at me or pout, everything she did somehow enticed me

as I sat down at my desk, I brought my hands to my face feeling a slight ache in my cheeks

I was smiling.

————-

So what do u guys think so far? Im trying to update as quickly as possible