As a date

Next day we met on the evening. I was little bit nervous, but mostly excited.
     To the South Gate I came just in time. I wore dark grey jeans, black fitting jacket and high ponytail with two hair strands, each on the one side of my face (to be honest for the first in my life since childhood I had a feeling, that my hair are absolutely horrible, so I didn't come up with anything better, than this).
     John was already there. Yeah, each one his hair was absolutely perfect, of course, as everything on him, actually.
     -Am I allowed to think like this on the first date?-
     He had black jeans and white, short-sleeve shirt, little smile lighting up his face. "Hey there," he greeted me, hands in pockets. That gesture seemed familiar, but I had no idea, where did I see this.
     "Hi, John," I answered. It was little bit strange to see him without all the friends...
     "Are we going?" He asked and titled his head to the gate.
     "Um, sure."

° ° °

     "So, how's life going?" John asked, when we walked the streets, eating lollies and looking at the all of the shops and everything.
     What was crazy, John knew about illusion titles, and about magicians behind it all. We were trying to find them before the other one could.
     John was winning.
     "Um, you know, Wunsoc things. Hollidays, mad Elders, nervous Jupiter North, argues in unit. As is usual. Why? What about you?"
     He shrugged: "Nah, you know. Off school... Trying - only trying - to not forget everything I've learned..." he shrugged. "Not that it works..." he murmured.
     I laughed and looked around, when something caught my gaze.
     The silver fog behind the Sweet Street. I wasn't there for ages.
     "What's up?" John asked, frowning at what I was looking at.
     I shook my head. "It's... It's nothing. Just... One place we should avoid, maybe?"
     He walked towards the fog and touched it with his fingertips. "Why? You're afraid of the Square of Nothingness? It's fun, actually."
     "Na-ah, thanks, but no. I don't like it. Bad memories."
     "Come on! I'll go with you," he persuaded, slightly pulling by my hand.
     My whole body shivered with warmth. -When did he grab me?-
     He smiled. "Morrigan, look at me. Come on."
     I knew that if I look to his eyes, he will talk me out, but eventually, I moved my gaze up there.
     "You need to get off your fraids, you know. Be afraid of something is normal. But you need to just kinda... push through."
     This reminded me of the Tricksy Lanes. I love Tricksy Lanes. I looked deeper in his eyes.
     Okay, let's push through.
     I nodded: "Okay then. Let's go."
     He smiled and pulled me in.

° ° °

     I didn't see anything.
     I didn't hear anything.
     But I felt. I felt John's hands holding mine. I felt how he touched my face, and brushed a strand of my black hair behind my ear.
     I stepped forward and leaned closer. He put his forehead to mine...
     All I remember then was melting into the darkness around.

° ° °

     After five minutes - fifteen? Or five hundred? - I pulled John by his wrist out, and when we left the Square of Nothingness, my laughter got a voice.
     John pulled me away from there almost immediately, smiling slightly.
     "Hey, where are we going?!" I asked. He stopped a few walks after and practically pinned me to the wall, saying: "Well, now... Did you enjoy?"
     I bounded my arms around his neck. "It was my first kiss...ing? So... I have nothing to compare it with. But I...  think you are a pretty good kisser, tho. And..." I fidgeted for a few moments, avoiding the look into his eyes. "You? Did you enjoy?"
     He smiled: "How many kisses mean yes?"
     I pretended, that I think carefully about the answer. "Two."
     "Well then," he said.
     And our lips connected. Once, twice...

     He kissed me thrice.