Mourning(?)

Next day I woke up at half past one pm. When I saw my alarm clock showing this time, I just sighed and got up from my bed.
     I left my blankets just like that, brushed my hair into the low ponytail and got dressed to the Deucalion's uniform. My shift starts in two.
      I felt like I didn't sleep more than like... Two seconds? I was slow, so tired and so exhausted.
     I still felt John's lips on mine, and I couldn't get the feeling away. I tried everything. Drinking water, tea, using a lip balm... I tried even a coffee without milk (this one was a pure despair for forgetting...).
     But yeah, nothing helped, and when my shift ended, I had to admit, that I really missed him.
     Much more, than I ever thought I will.

° ° °

     "Mog?" Jupiter asked, placing his hand on my shoulder, when I was doing last dishes in the kitchens.
     I jerked: "Huh?"
     When I saw who it is, I frowned. "What do you want?" I barked aggressively and he quickly put his hand away, surprised by my reaction.
     I sighed apologetically and looked at the glass in my hand. "Sorry. I'm just... I'm not in a mood today."
     He rubbed the back of his neck. "Not in a mood? Oh girl, what happened to you? You were good all trough the hollidays. Did something happen?"
     I shook my head, still eyeing the glass. "It doesn't matter."
     He watched me with his eyebrows together, clear worry to be seen on his face. "Well. If you want to talk, I'm in my office. I just wanted to tell you, that my nephew is coming home. His name is Jack. You probably won't see him today, but I want you to meet each other tomorrow. I was thinking about playing cards after breakfast in the Smoking Pallor?" he tried.
     I shrugged, urged myself to a little smile, but I wasn't able to look him in the eyes. "Yeah, I'll be there."