Epilogue

A long time had passed, since me and Jack met first.
     Oh, sorry. Jack and I, as he - the Almost-All-Mighty Genius - always corrects me.
     When the school started, I missed him, because he had to live in the doormitory troughout the week. For the weekends he always came, but sometimes it just wasn't enough.
     He finally graduated from school last year and this Autumn he started the University. But altrough he had a better timetable, I didn't see him much more often.
     But that weekend... he came.

° ° °

     The telephone on my wall rang and Kedgeree's voice sounded in it, when I picked up.
     "Miss? Someone is waiting for you in the foyer."
     "Oh. Who is it?" I asked, frowning. It was nine in the morning. No one except Hawthorne could come at this time. But, Hawthorne was supposed to go at some NDL gathering...
     I heard some sounds and then someone else got the phone. "You kidding? Don't tell me you forgot about me after a week!" the voice laughed. The dots connected and made up a word.
     "Jack!" I hang up the phone, opened my door and ran all the way to the foyer.
     I hugged him around his neck and he turned me around in a circle. "Nah, I knew you missed me."
     I kissed his forehead. Last year I grew up a little, so he wasn't so tall for me now. "Yeah, I did."
     "How about us playing a game?" he asked.
     "A what? First thing, you just came. And the second one, we are adults. We don't play games."
     "Well..." he narrowed his eyes. "You still didn't reach eighteen, right? It's just Autumn yet. You're a child!"
     I rolled my eyes: "Okay, but..."
     "I bet you object, because you can't catch me!" he said, closed himself in the elevator and pushed the button.
     "No way," I gritted between my teeth and ran upstairs.

° ° °

     I found him on a rooftop. I walked across the roof to him, saying: "John Arjuna Korrapati. Jack. You. Genius. Love. Witness. Idiot..." then I rolled my eyes. "I could name these like for an hour! You have so lots of names!"
     He reached out and by my hand, he pulled me closer. "Well, you want one?"
     I laughed: "Which one?"
     He pretended to think about it. "Hm... Morrigan... Korrapati. Sounds good to me."
     I looked him in the eyes. "Well, and how do you imagine doing so?"
     "Well... I think you should be my wife first... What about that?"
     I stared at him, absolutely unable to speak, as he knelt down and showed me a black box with a white gold ring in it.

     "Morrigan Odelle Crow. Will you marry me?"