End of the Holliday

Well, you know how this works.
     Holliday comes, and goes.
     Friends... too.
     One day, like... Ten days before the start of next term at the evening, me and John were sitting in the park.
     He was silent, lost in thoughts.
     "Hey, what's up with you?" I asked.
     He looked at me. "Oh, um... It's... It's nothing."
     "Nah, c'mon, don't do this to me. What's going on?" I said leaning on his shoulder.
     He grabbed my chin and turned it up. "You know, my school orchester camp ends up tomorrow? I'm going home. My school starts in a week."
     "Oh," I said.
     I felt something tiny stabbing me inside my chest. My heart was tied in a knot, when I was saying words, that I hoped to never hear from mine, or from his mouth either.
     "You want to break up."
     He stood up and started pacing. He looked worried and sad.
     The sky was darkening behind the buildings. Soon, I won't be able to see him in his face.
     -Why are you so upset about it? You knew this will come. It's not forever.- I thought.
     "You know, we would make it for a few weeks, but I know my school. It was the best summer I've had in a while, but... I don't want to hurt you."
     I stood up, hugged him and gave him a sad kiss on the cheek.
     He sighed pressing his lips together. "You aren't helping me."
     "Shh," I whispered. "Like this, we won't break up in bad. Right?" I said, trying to master my trembling voice, but it betrayed me on the last word.
     He put his forehead to mine as he whispered, unsure: "Yeah... Maybe."
     I breathed in heavily, thew my arms around his middle and put my head on his chest. I felt salty tears failing down my cheeks.
     He wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips to my hair. "It will be okay. It will be okay," he whispered.

     When I finally looked up, it was dark already. I was cold and I realised, that from now there's no one to keep me in warm.
     -How did I get into such deep phylosophy?-
     I saw, that John is sad too, but he smiled at me. "What about to do it? For the last time?"
     I smiled through the tears and nodded.
     He leaned closer, and kissed me for the last.