I meet new people

For the next day I set my alarm clock to the seven in the morning.
     I wasn't in a mood to meet someone new, so when the alarm sounded, I hit it with my fist and learned one thing, very important for long, and peaceful life.
     Never, ever hit the alarm clock with your fist. It hurts like you hit a dam stone and the alarm will not even notice.
     So I wanted to turn it off as every normal person at the seven in the morning - throw it across the room and crash it against the wall -, but then I realised, that my room would notice, so I just pushed the button and the alarm finally silenced.
     I groaned and hit my face to the pillow. I laid like that for a few seconds, but the I sighed and got up.
     I don't know who's that boy, who I'm about to meet, but it's not his fault, that I can't get through one stupid, stupid break up.
     So I decided to try to be good, look good, and act like I was good.
     I got dressed to the white shirt from my school uniform, and black jeans and tie. I brushed my hair and with a soft - fake - smile I left the room.
    Who knows, maybe I'll find myself a new friend, right?

     Ugh.

° ° °

     When I stepped into the Smoking Pallor, the thick white waves were covering my vision.
     "Mog? You here?"
     "Yeah, I'm here," I sat down to the table. Jupiter pointed his hand to the other chair and I looked at the boy, sitting there.
     The waves cleared a bit and my heartbeat stopped, when - with a soft smile - he set his hand to me.
     "I'm Jack. Jupiter's nephew. Nice to meet you."

° ° °

     I was eyeing the boy for insanely long time, my mouth slightly open.
     Then I blinked to get back my lost concentration and shook his hand. "Yeah, nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you before."
     He nodded, watching me with his brown eyes.
     Fun fact: over seventy per cents of the world's population has brown eyes.
     But only one person can have these.

° ° °

     Some rounds of cards later, Jupiter was called by Kedgeree away. Holliday Wu has some problem again. What a coincidence, right?
     "Screw her," I muttered under my breath, when Jupiter left.
     I almost didn't hear, how the boy on the other side of the table whispered: "Dam it."
     Then he raised his gaze and I did the same. I frowned and realised how much I'm angry at him.
     His arms were crossed on his chest, soft smirk playing on his face. He obviously got it all figured out just a few seconds before I did.
     And he was having fun.
     "Anything to say?" he asked.

     And I got provoked.