Definition of love

With John we were meeting more and more times a week.
     Sometimes we were kissing, sometimes not.
     Sometimes we were hanging around, sometimes we were just at one place all the time.
We went to the beach, once even to the cinema. But most of the times we were in the Old Town.
     And lots of people noticed.

° ° °

     "I've seen you on the bazaar last week," said Cadence one morning in the middle of the Holliday, when we were sunbathing on the Deucalion's courtyard. (Not that I tanned even for one shade...)
     I raised my eyebrow. "Oh. Sorry. I didn't notice you, then."
     "... with some boy."
     I took a deep breath. "Well, yeah, maybe I..."
     "Morrigan," she interrupted me. "Who is that boy? And please. Without all these 'well', 'yeah', and three dots nonsences."
     I rubbed my temples. "Okay, you know, he's super hot, and super funny and cool, and little bit snobish and so, but still very nice, and..."
     "Hey, hey, hey, stop it," Cadence said as she got up from her seat and sat up, watching me from behind her sunglasses. "When have you two met. That's the topic. But no so lot of 'and's', okay? Speak just... properly."
     I sighed and sat up too. "We... I've met him... You know, the last day of the term?"
     She raised her eyebrow: "What?"
     "Well, he kinda just... Caught my gaze, when I was passing around."
     "Was he alone?"
     "Er, no. He had some friends over there. We started hanging out as a group, but once... We were walking just like two and he asked me to come with him to the bazaar."
     "Last week?" Cadence asked.
     "No, it was..." I stopped myself. I can pinky promise you, that I heard a curious undertone in her voice.
     I titled my head. "Nah, you're going to tell the whole unit!" I groaned.
     She didn't even try to deny it, just shrugged: "Well, Hawthorne saw you as well, 'cos he was with me, duh.
And Anah said, she and Arch saw you in the cinema last Tuesday."
     "Are all of you spying on us, or what?"
     "Hm, it's 'us' already..." Cadence teased me.
     I rolled my eyes: "Let it be, I won't tell you."

     Do you think it helped?

     Nope.

° ° °

     "Hey, Mog," Jupiter spoke to me later that day, just when I was about to leave the hotel.
     "Where are you going?"
     I stunned. -Is there some rule about going out, that I didn't notice? Oh dam...-
     "W-w-well, my shift in the restaurant ended an hour ago, s-s-so I-I was just..."
     He frowned, looking as there was something he didn't like twice. "Mog... Do you have a crush?"
     I was breathless first two seconds. Then the words started to fall down from my mouth. "What? No! No chance, you know I don't believe at this stuff. I never did. And by the way..." with all of this I was trying to say one big temperamental NO, but as long as I was trying, Jupiter's smirk grown and I felt my face warming up.
     -What's going on with you?!- I yelled at myself.
     Jupiter grinned: "Come on, I'm just joking. You're old enough to go out alone... Or I should say... With someone..."
     I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms on my chest. "You're all horrible! First Tommy and Samantha, then Cadence and the unit, now even you!" with this words I ran out of the door and shut it loudly.
     From behind it I heard Kedgeree's: "You know this never helps, Jove."
     Oh heck.

° ° °

     When I met John that day, we were at one place all the time.
Talking in the hidden sidewalk, and me, trying to ignore Jupiter's voice in my head. "Do you have a crush?"
     I don't believe at this things as love or crush. There are just people you want, people you like, and people you hate. Love is just some tension, that holds you with one person, and it doesn't matter, if they are good, or bad, 'cos you go blind anyways.
     That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
     As to prove it to myself, I tied my hands to John's hair and kissed him.

     That evening I said myself my strongest no, and I thought, I will never change my mind.