Chapter 13

"Thank you all," I called out into the microphone, the crowds screaming again. I was proud that our band would be the reason so many fans wouldn't have voices in the morning. Glancing over at Colton for the millionth time, checking to make sure he was okay. He was acting weird before we took the stage, and I didn't know what he was thinking. I rolled my eyes at the thought. I hadn't given a shit about anyone until I met her. And I still didn't know how she wormed her way in and changed me.

"Y'all have a good night now," Vance yelled into his microphone, as we set our instruments down on stage. Our first concert in Tennessee was done, and now it was time to go and deal with the problem back stage.

For a short moment, I wished that there were no problems, and that I could be with her constantly. But that was not the case.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead, feeling gross and exhilarated at the same time. Performing gave me a feeling unlike anything else, and I hoped I'd never have to give it up. I left the stage quickly, determined to get as far away from the other ladies' panties as soon as possible. There was only one woman's panties I wanted. And she sure as hell wasn't screaming my name in the crowds.

Entering the lounge, I paused, creeping into the room slowly. She was curled up on the couch, a small pile of candy wrappers located on the floor beside her. Her eyes were closed, and she was relaxed, and I knew I was being creepy standing there staring, but damn. She literally took my breath away.

Ren hurried behind me, bumping into me on the way in. "Watch where you're going, man!" he yelled, and I nearly tackled him to the wall to get him to shut up.

His ears were plugged from the concert. So were mine. But I didn't want anyone to wake her up. "Shut up, you dumb fuck. She's sleeping."

Ren glanced over my shoulder to look at her sleeping figure on the couch. I fought the urge to get a blanket to cover her up. "Sorry, man. My bad."

I released him from my grip against the wall, and he backed away from me, rubbing his shoulders. "How'd you get so pussy whipped, man?"

"I'm not pussy whipped," I lied, glancing back at her. Her hair was strewn over the arm of the couch, and I wanted to put her in a place she would be more comfortable. She probably fell asleep while waiting for us to come back, like the sweetheart she was.

Slowly walking towards her, I carefully slipped my arms underneath her body and picked her up, carrying her to the back of the bus where the bed was. I hummed softly as I carried her, covering up the loud noises and drunken yelling that was occurring outside as the crew loaded up the second bus. There was always booze and women after every concert, but I wasn't interested. My interest in other women had dropped drastically since I'd met the girl I currently carried in my arms. In fact, the only woman I was interested in was one Miss Anya Flynn. Soon to be Mrs. Black, or so I'd been hoping.

I was going to marry her eventually. That had already been decided. I didn't mean to sound like a jackass, but she ruined me for other women. There isn't a point in waiting, if only to drag out the inevitable. I'd work day and night to keep her with me.

I knew that she was stubborn, yes, but eventually she'd say yes. I'd imagine that the first time I ask her, she'd say no. But I could wait a little while longer before I mustered up the courage to ask her. I hadn't even picked out a rock yet.

"Is it true?" A sad voice came from behind me. "She changed you."

I turned around to see Cara standing there, her arms folded across her chest, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why she was there. "Shouldn't you be trying to make up with Colton?"