5 - i missed us so much

Nick arrived at the train station at 14:48, 2 minutes before his train would depart. He spent so much time at the flower shop that he was running late, and had to hurry to get to the right platform on time. Luckily, he'd been studying here for four years now, so he knew where he was going. And as always, he managed to make it just in time.

Nick [14:54]: Hi Char, my train just left. I'll be there in about an hour x

Charlie [14:57]: okay, I'll come and pick you up from the station. see you there :)

Charlie [14:59]: have a safe journey

Nick [15:01]: Thank you ❤️

Charlie was so relieved when he received these texts. He knew that Nick was coming and that things between them would be okay. But still, it was nice to hear something from Nick again. It was even nicer to get the confirmation that Nick was actually still coming to visit him before they would go home.

By the time Charlie arrived at the train station, it was packed with people. The crowds were enormous. They were mostly made up of students and businessmen trying to make their way home for easter break. Charlie could see that a lot of them were relieved to get some time off. He understood. He felt the exact same. 

It was about 16:00 when he started to worry a bit. Trains were arriving every minute, but he still hadn't seen a glimpse of Nick, even though his train was set to arrive at 15:55. He took his phone out of his pocket to see if he had any unseen messages. But there were none. He looked up, and that's when he saw him. In the middle of a huge group stood none other than Nick Nelson. 

Once Nick got out of the train he was overwhelmed by the amount of people that were at the station. He panickedly looked around to see if he could spot Charlie anywhere. It took a while, but once Nick spotted him, he started to burst through the crowds. 

By this point, both Nick and Charlie were speedwalking towards each other. Both of them trying to dodge other people. Once they met, they gave each other a hug. Not just any ordinary hug, it was more of a 'bystanders would say it's dramatic and pathetic' type of hug. 

Both of them were quiet. They were trying to take in as much of this moment as possible, wishing they could stay like this forever. At first, Charlie noticed that Nick felt a bit tense. But the longer he held him the more relaxed Nick got. After a little while, Nick whispered: "Oh, Char. I missed us so much."