11 - I know love, I know

"Do you want to talk about it?" Charlie asked once they were sat on Nick's bed. Nick sat against his headboard, whilst Charlie sat opposite of him in the middle of Nick's bed.  "You don't have to, obviously. I mean if you don't want to. I just... - I just think it might help." Nick looked up at Charlie for a split second before looking down again. It felt like the room was suffocating him. Tears started stinging his eyes. He looked up at Charlie, who had placed a hand on his knee, tracing small circles with his thumb. "Can you hold me? Please?" He asked, his voice so quiet and filled with emotions that Charlie could barely make out the words. He placed himself next to Nick against the headboard and wrapped his arms around him. "Yeah, c'mere"

"Char?" Nick whispered, not wanting to wake Charlie. "Hm?" Charlie replied, being barely awake. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I...uh. I'm... You were right." Nick whispered. "I'm not okay." Charlie sat up and looked at him. "It's...it's really hard to talk about it." Nick continued. His voice sounded shaky. Charlie pulled Nick closer to him. Nick's head was now resting on his chest. "I know love, I know." He whispered.

They didn't speak for a while. They just sat there. Charlie had wanted to ask Nick about what was bothering him, but he decided to leave it for now. If Nick wanted to he would tell him. Besides, he was already glad that Nick had felt comfortable enough to at least share that he wasn't feeling okay. Charlie started humming. In all those years they'd been together Charlie had developed the habit of humming songs to Nick whenever he could sense that Nick was feeling uncomfortable or sad. It always made Nick feel better. Charlie was humming the melody to Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere, Nick's favourite song. He wrapped his arms around Nick and he could feel him ease into the hug. This made Charlie feel relieved. Not long after, he heard soft snoring coming from Nick. He'd dozed off and was now peacefully sleeping in the arms of his boyfriend. Charlie smiled and placed a small kiss on the top of Nick's head, before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.