9 - this is something I'm definitely too weak for

The rest of the drive home was serene and quiet. Sarah was humming along with the '90s songs playing on the radio whilst Charlie stared out the window. Nick was still fast asleep in the backseat of the car. It took them about 20 minutes to get home. Nick slowly woke up once Sarah drove into their neighbourhood. He knew this route by heart and the familiarity of the turn had woken him up. He didn't mind that though. He sat up straight and looked out the front window to see Sarah driving into their street. 

"Thank god you woke up," Charlie said jokingly once they stepped out of the car. "I wouldn't've been able to lift you up and take you to your room, you know? Just like you always do with me."  This comment made nick chuckle slightly. "I'm serious Nicholas. You might've convinced me that I'm strong enough to play rugby, but this is something I'm definitely too weak for," Charlie said with a serious tone in his voice. But Nick could tell that he was on the verge of breaking into laughter. 

Nick chuckled again. He looked at the blue-eyed boy and without any doubt lifted him up bridal style and started walking towards the front door of his house. "Nick, what are you doing?" Charlie squealed while he wrapped his hands around Nick's neck. "Be quiet," Nick whispered while looking into Charlie's eyes, a grin forming on his face. The two stared into each other's eyes for just a little too long. Normally they would've already locked lips a long time ago, but something felt different. It was like something was holding them back.

Nick cought awkwardly and put Charlie down. "Our bags are still in the car," He said, trying to make this whole situation feel a little less awkward. "Oh...Yeah, you're right. I guess." Charlie replied. Both of them walked back to the car in complete silence and gathered their belongings before walking inside the house.