21 - fuck you

Nick barges through the front door. He's letting the door slam close behind him. It's not like him at all, but he doesn't care. He just doesn't fucking care anymore.

It was a cold spring night. They said it might start freezing later this week. Nick noticed that little bumps were forming on his arms. He rubbed his hands over his arms, hoping they'd go away. Normally, he could handle cold weather really well. But he forgot his stupid hoodie at Charlie's and there was no way he'd turn around and go back inside to get it. There's no way he would set foot into that house again.

Not that they'd really care about that. Charlie's mom never really liked him anyway, she always thought that Nick was just distracting Charlie and that he'd have a bad influence on her son. She'll probably be happy with me being gone, Nick thought.

He'd walked out of Charlie's street and was now walking through the park near Charlie's house. He found a little rock on the side of the path and started kicking it absentmindedly.

He was angry. At himself. HE WAS SO FUCKING ANGRY AT HIMSELF. He was disappointed too. In himself, for letting others and himself down. He was also disappointed in the world and the people around him. And these feelings were about to get much worse. Because when he hit the rock this time, it didn't land 2 meters in front of him, like it usually did...

"Oi, can't you watch out you stupid dickhead!" A man shouted. He was in his early 30's and his hair and posture reminded Nick of David.

He took a step in Nick's direction, put his hands on Nick's shoulders and shoved him. It made Nick lose his balance, causing him to fall into the grass next to the path.

"You're a useless piece of SHIT, you know that!" The man said while bending over Nick and holding the collar of Nick's shirt. His face was so close to Nick's that Nick could feel spit coming out of this man's mouth every time he spoke.

The man stood up and walked away. Leaving Nick in shock.

Luckily the 30-something-year-old was so friendly to help Nick snap back into the real world. Cause from a distance, he threw the rock back in Nick's direction. Hitting him in the face. And leaving him with a big scar across his cheek.

"Fuck you!" Nick shouted. He had tears in his eyes and his heart was beating like crazy. The man turned around. This made Nick realise that this probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. So he got up and started running.

He ran out of the park but stopped running as soon as he reached the park's gates. He physically just couldn't run any further. He looked around to make sure the man hadn't followed him. And then continued walking home.