Part 1

I awoke in the softness of daylight to find Orange's arms wrapped around me.

She had insisted on being the big spoon the night before but I couldn't complain as she felt warm and comforting against my back.

It also made my 'escape' much easier.

As I blinked my tired eyes I began to slowly wiggle from her grasp and, only when I slid off the bed did she stir.

I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Mmm...I'll be right back, hun~"

I stopped by the bathroom to wash black lipstick off of my face before silently making my way to the kitchen.

This was the first time in ages that both Orange and I had off work, and so, I wanted to make it special.

I was going to make her breakfast in bed.

Everything was going smoothly and it wasn't until I had stirred the pancake batter together when I saw it ...

Right on the middle of our countertop was a large peach colored object that slightly resembled an egg.

I stared at it before looking towards the direction of our bedroom.

I shifted my eyes back and forth debating on whether to wake Orange or to inspect the mystery object myself.

I took a deep breath as I walked to our room knowing full well that the later option was never on the table.

I gently poked a sleeping Orange to rouse her.

Eventually she opened her eyes and when she saw me she smiled. "Pink~"

She stretched forward to give me a kiss but her smile soon turned to a frown as she studied my face.

"Pink, what's wrong?"

~~

I had no words to describe what was wrong so I instead led her into the kitchen where I pointed at the mystery object.

Orange looked at the thing in surprise before grabbing a spatula by the stove and poking it.

Orange squinted. "It's hard..."

She inspected the object further before furrowing her brows. "What do you think it is?"

I shrugged. "I'm honestly just as dumbfounded as you!"

Orange frowned. "Well who cares what it is...h-how did it get into our fully locked house?"

Sensing Orange's fear I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I promise I wouldn't have let anything happen to you."

Orange gave a small laugh as she looked up at me.

"It's not that...I-it's just so strange. Do you think we actually fully locked the doors Pink?"

As we walked around the house Orange swung my hand playfully. Eventually we returned to the kitchen and checked the windows.

Upon doing so we were more confused than we had started because everything was locked up tight.

Orange crossed her arms to combat mild panic.

"Okay I'm just going to state the obvious! It's clearly some type of egg thing right?"

I nodded as I walked up to her from the window.

"But the problem is, how could an animal have gotten in if everything is locked?"

Orange pointed to the air vent above us as she sat on the counter.