Part 5

A few months after our impromptu dinner date I found myself making tea on a lazy Sunday morning. Light gently streamed in through the window and as I took a deep breath various herbs and spices danced on my palette.

After pouring the tea into two cups I made my way into the living room where I found Orange happily taping something into a book and Momo crawling around on the couch beside her.

I made my way up to them and I kissed Orange's head from behind. After taking in her scent for a moment I gave her a raspberry and she looked up at me in shock.

I smiled as I made my way beside her and Momo on the couch. After handing her her tea I looked down at the book she was taping in. To my surprise I also found various pictures, drawings, and stickers scattered about.

I mused. "What are you up to?"

As she took a sip of tea, Orange looked at me in excitement.

"I'm making a scrapbook for Momo!"

Orange quickly picked up the book and as she leaned into me I instinctively put my arm around her. She held the book out in front of us and gave a happy giggle of excitement.

"I call it Momo Milestones!"

I gave her cheek a kiss as I laughed. "I like that!"

She started flipping through the pages with sheer excitement and I took in every single one.

"After Momo started to laugh I decided that we should start to document each one of Momo's accomplishments! In addition to being really exciting to make and look through, it also helps to keep track of how Momo is developing!"

Orange looked up to me in embarrassment. "I still can't believe it took us this long to think of looking up the traditional development patterns of Lightner children. If we hadn't we'd-"

I gave an embarrassed laugh. "We'd probably still be giving Momo baby formula..."

Orange shivered. "I just still can't get over the fact that babies grow teeth and then lose them! I-Its just so strange to think about!"

I looked at her amused. "Stranger than having Momo hatch out of an egg."

"Yes!!!"

She gave my neck a raspberry and I laughed in surprise. "Well enough of that! All of this is incredibly weird!"

I tried to give Orange a raspberry back but she had started to flip through the pages of the scrapbook again and I didn't want to miss a thing.

~~

We soon found ourselves flipping through pages upon pages of Momo's milestones and, as we looked through them I smiled in relief, happy to finally know what we were doing.

Momo crawling, Momo smiling, Momo in tummy time, Momo playing...the scrapbook had it all!

There were also pictures of Orange and I, as well as pictures of 057, 205, and Yellow 01 with Momo.

Orange smiled at me. "Lightners call close friends Aunts and Uncles of their baby and I thought that was really neat!"

I smiled back at her. "Ooo I like that! It's kind of like how Lightners would call us Momo's Mom and Dad!"

She giggled as we continued to flip through the pages and Momo stared at us intently, curious as to what we were doing.

My favorite thing about the scrapbook though, were the drawings that Orange had done of Momo and us. As she started to flip the next page Orange started at me in anticipation and I gasped in shock when I saw it.