Part 8

In the next few days I quickly recovered thanks to Orange taking care of me and forcing me to rest against my will. Even though I knew I needed to rest I still wasn't happy with sitting around and doing nothing.

After a little over a week Orange had finally let me go back to work covered in Hello Kitty Band-aids...I guess I shouldn't have commented on her nylons the other day...

I was thankful that my coworkers were respectful of my private life and didn't ask about the band-aids or the faint bruise on my forehead but, as I worked I could hear them whispering about what had happened and I didn't really know what to say.

I ended up trying to convince them that I had fallen flat on my face.

Orange called the fight between me and 01 an 'action relapse' as after years of not getting into fights I had quote on quote 'relapsed'. Thankfully my therapist had been very patient with me and together we are tackling my outbursts of rage so that it doesn't happen again.

Also thankfully my therapist was on my side and said, for the most part..., that I was right to strike back against 01 in self defense...I didn't have to nearly throw him out the window though...but what was I supposed to do after hearing him say all those things about Orange?

I guess I'm still learning...

I also felt really guilty for all the time I had recently taken off due to Momo and being sick so I increased my coworkers' vacation time as it was only fair. It was just for that year and I made sure they didn't take it off all at the same time.

After being rainy for most of the month of March, today's brightness was a breath of fresh air and I wanted to make the most of it.

It was finally time for my lunch break and after giving a little stretch I took a basket out from my car and began to walk towards Orange's office.

~~

Upon entering Orange's office I was immediately greeted by the friendly face of 057.

"Hey! Look who's back in business!"

I embarrassedly put my hand on my neck.

"I'm so sorry I was out for so long..."

He slapped my back.

"Don't worry about it! I'm just glad you're back!"

I slapped him on the back as well.

"It's good to be back!"

Upon finally noticing my arrival, Orange ran up to me carrying Momo with a big smile on her face.

"Pink what are you doing here?"

We embraced and 057 started to sweat.

"I see you two are going to start flirting now and that it is my cue to leave."

He awkwardly walked away before turning around and waving.

"I'll see you tomorrow at lunch, Pink!"

Sweating, I waved back at him. When I turned back around, Orange had placed a free hand to her hip and looked inquisically at me.

"What are you doing here Pink~"

My face turned dark in embarrassment and I tried to avoid the question by kissing Momo's forehead.

"Hey sunshine~"

Momo happily grabbed my nose and Orange squinted her eyes at me.

"Pink."

Finally gaining confidence I looked up at her and smiled.

"Oh right! I was um going to ask if you'd like to have a picnic with me...since it's such a nice day and all.