Part 7

In the weeks following I convinced Orange to go back to therapy and, when I say 'convinced,' more like I asked and she happily agreed.

We also both tried to work on talking to each other, especially in moments of unforeseen triggers.

With this we somehow became closer to each other which neither of us thought could be physically possible.

If you're reading this right now Orange I love you!!!

*Editor's note: I love you too Pink!!!

On the lighter side of things, as the tide of depression gently ebbed in both of us, we started to take Momo out and around the Cyber City.

She was finally at the age where instead of frightening her, she was absolutely fascinated by loud sounds and bright colors.

It was nice to take long walks around the city taking in the sights and discovering hidden shops.

After Momo, life was never going to be the same for both me and Orange but that was honestly okay.

There is something about a babbling baby strapped along your midsection and the love of your life holding your hand that infuses you with determination.

After one particularly long walk, Orange had stopped all of a sudden and looked down a large alleyway. Noticing that she stopped, I backtracked to her.

"Is everything okay hun?"

Her eyes shone for the first time in a while as she pointed down the alleyway.

"Pink look~"

My eyes followed the direction of her finger and, not too far down the alleyway, stood a small house.

It was light blue in color and surrounding the house was a small garden of various fruits and flowers. Above the door there was a small light up sign depicting an ice cream cone with the word open.

I soon turned back to Orange and gave a slight laugh.

"You want to get ice cream don't you?"

Orange sheepishly turned away.

"N-No I was just admiring the cute little house..."

I gave her cheek a raspberry and she gave the cutest little giggle before I looked down at Momo.

"Momo do you want to get ice cream?"

She smiled and reached her arms up towards me. "Ice...ice"

I placed my hands on my hips.

"Then it's settled! Let's get ice cream!"

As we walked up to the shop Orange gave me raspberry in rebuttal and I couldn't help but laugh.

~~

We walked in to find a quaint little storefront that somehow had more plants inside than it did out. A few cheap looking plastic chairs were placed to the side and the wooden counter looked as if it had seen better days. Behind the counter was a small wooden ladder that could be used to go into the upper rooms of the building.

There was no one at the counter so Orange excitedly rang a small bell in the corner but no one came.

After a few more rings by both Orange and Momo a flustered Blue Addison quickly climbed down the ladder.

"I-I am so sorry to keep you all waiting! We um don't usually get too many customers so I was um cleaning upsta-"

On the last rung of the ladder the Blue Addison's foot slipped and he fell with a startled yelp. Orange quickly put her hands over her mouth.