16

The dinner was pretty awkward to be exact.

Xiao Zhan was very quiet, only focusing on the food and not taking part in the conversations that much.

Liu Haikuan knew why his best friend was like this, but he didn't want to say anything and just tried to talk like normal.

Wang Zhuocheng was normal, too. He hated that he had to sit next to the only girl here, but he had to make do and just tried to be the extroverted person he was. Even tried talking to the girl since he didn't want it to be suspicious to Gu Wei why anyone wasn't talking to her.

Chen Lihua didn't like how the others were talking to her, being fake as fuck. She only enjoyed Gu Wei's talks with her as she was his best friend. However, she was wishing Xiao Zhan would look at her, but to her disappointment once again, the man never even gave her a small glimpse. She felt her heart shattering, but tried to stay composed.

Wang Yibo noticed the Vice President's silence and tried to have a talk with him, but the man only replied in small words, not even trying to look at him. He would be lying if he said he didn't feel sad about this. Whenever they talked, the other would look at him and talked a lot, but now he wasn't even sparing him a glance. With that, he had drunk a lot of Soju in the process, but he didn't get drunk easily as his tolerance was quite high.

Gu Wei was, in fact, the most normal one. He was being his friendly self, bringing up conversations and the others had to admit that, if it weren't for him being here, the dinner would go much worse. They were lucky to have him here as his presence made the dinner much more bearable.

"So you really almost fell down from a tree as a kid if not for your underwear saving you?"

Gu Wei rubbed his nape, cheeks turned red because of embarrassment as he slowly nodded at Haikuan's words.

The other Alpha smiled and later bursted out laughing, imagining a young Gu Wei like that.

"I mean, kids are pretty dumb. Not saying that you're dumb. It's just-"

Gu Wei cut Zhuocheng off, "No, no, I get it. It was pretty dumb of me to climb a tree in order to get my shoe instead of asking my dad."

"I feel like I would also do that if I was a kid." Zhuocheng giggled, earning a small nudge on the arm by Haikuan who chuckled at that.

"You must've had a great childhood." Yibo blurted and Gu Wei stared at him, smiling.

"Yeah, I did. My parents were a lot of fun to be around and you could say I'm like the male of my mom. She's very funny and sweet. Being extroverted too. My dad is the exact opposite. It makes me wonder how they managed to get together with totally opposite personalities."

Yibo pursed his lips and nodded. The other had such loving parents. Would've he been a bit extroverted too if he had parents like that? And maybe not overthink so much?

"You know what they say, opposites attract!" Lihua commented and Gu Wei snickered.

"Still don't know how, but I could care less."

Lihua smiled at him and eyes glanced over to Xiao Zhan again. She had the urge to sigh and wanted to take him somewhere where they could talk together, just the two of them. She honestly missed the time they were together.

Out of the corner of Haikuan's eyes, he saw Xiao Zhan reaching over to the Soju bottle and pouring it into his shot glass, which was provided to him, but he didn't use it, until now that is.