5. Surveillance Camera

Amy Rose tossed her fish skewer after munching one last bite.

"I'm done.", Amy said.

"Where's the surveillance camera?"

"In my bag", Dexter said.

"Then, start installing! We don't have all day.", Amy Rose stood up.

"Just calm down! I'll get you water.", Dexter said.

The 11 years old silver hedgehog took out his brown leather satchel with backpack strap

The 11 years old silver hedgehog took out his brown leather satchel with backpack strap. His leather backpack was filled with C Pick - 05 (tiny surveillance camera), AVA, retractable energy sword & filtered water bottle. Dexter handed his filtered water bottle to the 7 years old pink hedgehog.

A water bottle? Amy Rose wondered again if it was added poison. At this moment, she decided to shrugged the thought for the sake of satisfying her dried throat. Rather, she gulped it all much to Dexter's surprise.

"Just drink it slowly! Drinking too much is not good.", Dexter reminded.

After Amy had a gulp of filtered water, Dexter grabbed Amy's hand to teleport themselves outside the entrance of their underground basement. Their underground basement lies close to the Peril River. In order to enter the underground basement without teleportation, traveler must go down to ladder staircases inside a particular tree trunk.

Jungle, Seaside Island

They reached the lush jungle outside the tree trunk entrance. Both of them were eager to install the surveilance camera. He handed her his leather bag much to her surprise. Dexter was well preapared and quite a heavy packer.

Prior to surveillance camera installation, Dexter showed her a screenshot of digital map close to the tree trunk entrance with his AVA. He marked the tree trunk entrance with 'x' red mark.

"Here's the map close to the tree trunk entrance. The area near the Peril River must be installed with the survaillance camera, C Pick - 0. . .", Dexter said.

"The tree trunk entrance is close to the Peril River but the hazard jungle territory also lies close to our base. Tell you what? We are going to count the amount of our surveillance camera. Then, we start rolling! We can't waste the camera.", Amy cut his conversation whilst analyzing the map.

" There are over 155 tiny surveillance camera and 12 insect drones inside your bag. I'll lead where it's laid. Close to our vicinity! Let's move!"

They attached the tiny surveillance cameras within their vicinity. In order to ensure the surveilance camera was not easily spotted, they placed it 10 - 12 feet high off the ground. Since Eggman used his eggmobile, he ensured that every surveillance camera was set to camouflage mode by pressing the stripe button on the edge. The mode can be reset through his AVA and touch screen bracelet.

C Pick - 05 had similar features to the above image

C Pick - 05 had similar features to the above image. Only that it's connected to Dexter's communicator instead of gloves. As Amy installed the surveillance camera 10 foot above the tree, she couldn't help but criticized his tracking approach. 'Would it be more effective if Dexter would just install tracking app on Eggman's device instead?', Amy thought.

"Now the surveillance cameras had been installed within our vicinity. We need to locate the other borders close to our vicinity to detect Eggman's presence better.", Dexter said.

"Duh, why couldn't you just install tracking app or device on Eggman. That's would be more efficient.", Amy Rose asked.

"Tails had done these. However, Agent Stone discovered it few years later and Eggman robotized him as well. Plus, his IT system got upgraded further to ensure every foreign tracking app would be disabled automtically."

"That's bad. How about the tracking device? Your Tails would be very stupid if Eggman discovered it easily. If he would just instal the tracking app, we wouldn't have to install this in the frist plac2. Is Tails even tral or do you just made it up. If you made it up, I swear I will g0sghow Eggman where you are and you'll be sorry and . . , Amy said.

"That's enough!", Dexter felt offended.

How could Amy call his friend stupid? His dimension Tails was the one who secretly provided the resistance Eggman's plan. For years, his dimension Tails and his uncle were forced to work with Eggman. Tails even provided Dexter with all his tiny survaillance camera before he died.

"You're unbelievable."

"Unbelievable! (Took a deep breathe) You're so sensitive. I'm just implying that Tails is stupid. If he's smart, hewouldn't be caught in the first place"

"That's it you push my patience too far! (Berated her loudly) He help the resistance alot in risk of getting caught by Steve Eggman. He pretended to be me whilst catching Tails when he was instaling his tracking device on Eggman's eggmobile. So these surveillance camera that Tails handed to me are our last hope. ", Dexter berated.

"Do you understand wwe need to instal these for our survival."

Dexter's sentence shot her deep inside. Amy turned her back yet it made her thought of her behaviour. Why was it that she felt uncomfortable when he said 'our survival?' After ll, she was an independent figther who can survive on her own. Her basic hand to hand combat and retractable energy sword had just on thing.

That's what she thought but reality snapped at her eyes . . . Her mother's death and her near to death experience after her encounter with bandit

"Mom is dead and have no one close to my side. Zoeey and Stally moved out of town early on and . . . Look, I'm going to help you. Get it!", Amy mumbled.

"Hey, I didn't say that you're out. I just ask you to be collaborative. We need each other to survive."

Hence, Dexter and Amy continued their work but they didn't say any word. After all, it's better not to say anything than hurting other.

Well preapared with the worst outcome, they placed their surveillance camera within the vicinity of Peril river and hazard jungle. These areas were the closest one that led to their underground basement. After all, Dr Eggman have infiltrated the rebellion basement several times in his dimension. Their basement was not an exception.

Dexter also had D Pick - 03 on his back pack which hold series of insect drones. However, he couldn't find much use to it since he didn't know Eggman's whereabout eversince the last war in his dimension.

Here's the surveillnce camera installation. Yes, this Eggman was the same Eggman who created Morpho aka Steve Eggman. Find out in the next chapter of Stranded Survivor!