2. Death?

However, life must go on. While the surviving members of bandits defeated her mother, they chased Amy Rose throughout the jungle area until they reached the peak of cliff. Fortunately, she had enhanced speed and stamina so she managed to leave the bandit hooligans' away until she reached a dead end.

Amy Rose trembled in fear as she looked beneath the peak of the cliff. Oh, Peril river! River of strenuous hardship! It's known for hidden tunnels underneath the surface. The villagers claimed anyone who falls to the water would get instant death, swallowing the victim's body whole.

"This is the end of the line, kid.", Willy Walrus smirked as he threw his spiked club and clenched his fist.

"Unless you want to drown yourself alive underneath peril river."

"We've got her, boss.", red bandana Weasel bandit said.

In an instant, her inner fear brought vision of the death of her mother. Her mother got crushed to the point she lost her consciousness. The murder in front of her was merciless and heartless. Not this time! She would avenge her mother's death with all her heart.

So there is no choice but to fight

So there is no choice but to fight. Her eyes went fiery in rage as she summoned her energy katana out of nowhere. Amy Rose ran whilst quickly pulled her energy katana forward to Weasel bandits and Willy Walrus. The weasel bandits threw their ninja shuriken at her. Fortunately, her energy katana can be extended to light energy whip. The light energy whip exerted a long, flexible and semisolid pink energy beam. It's capable of dealing with massive damage with no excessive effort. Amy Rose swung her retracted whip forward which dodged their ninja shuriken effortlessly.

"Ha, take this!", Amy hold up one's head up in rage mode.

Seeing that Amy Rose was capable of wielding her retractable energy sword effortlessly, the weasel bandits leap across her. Amy's battle movement slightly improved as she had observed her mother's battle with Weasel bandits and Willy Walrus thoroughly. Amy was quick to launch kick leaving him to fall but he was not ambushed yet. The other weasel bandits helped him to stand up.

To retaliate her attack, the non-injured Weasel bandits summoned their cane sword out and jumped at her. Amy Rose counterattack their cane sword attack with her energy sword. Nether of them managed to injure one another thus they split.

"Ugh, this girl is tougher than we thought. Boss!", Blue bandana weasel bandit complained.

"Quit complaining!", Willy Walrus said.

Willy Walrus sprang his fist at Amy Rose. However, Amy Rose managed to dodge his attack until she retracted her energy katana and swung it over him. Little did she knew that Willy Walrus was an experienced fighter capable of dealing with range of weaponry. So her whip lash back fired as Willy Walrus grip the end of whip sword. He continuously twirl and push the pink hedgehog girl.

"Not so tough! Are you girl?", Willy Walrus ridiculed.

Amy Rose tried to stand up but her hand wouldn't listen. She lied down in a puddle of her own blood and dirt. She could only blink as her vision went blurry with Magenta. Her emerald eyes . . . her shoulder length quills . . . Her tattered sap green sack dress . . . Her genuine smile . . . Her friendly hug . . . Her sorrow tear . . . Her closest person . . . The only one who showed her love, care, courage and strength . . . Her Mother . . . She mumbled 'Mother' as the woman approached her.

However, the image of woman faded in front of her eyes. This brought her back to reality. Now, her mother was dead. She had no one to live with. Her life was worthless to everyone. Her father, neighbor, boss and everyone turned against her. 'This is it. I'm going to die young without anyone on my side. I have no family and friends. Society pushed me further. Now, I am reduced even further by the group of experienced bandits.', Amy Rose thought while her eyes closed down.

On the other side, Willy Walrus attempted to punch her but a forcefield blast distracted the bandit leader away from the unconscious female hedgehog. The group of bandit noticed the attack coming from 11 years old silver hedgehog with dark grey streak line on his hand and quill. He wore a subtle blue cape, leather glove and cloud emboidered blue shoes. A transparent blue bracelet complemented his leather gloves.

The young male hedgehog teleported in front of Willy Walrus whilst performing his round house kick toward the bandit leader. The bandit leader fell to the ground but he could stand on his own. Together with the weasel bandits, they fought against the male hedgehog. The weasel bandits pointed their cane sword toward the male hedgehog in hope of subduing him but the young male hedgehog managed to subdue them by kicking them from behind in quick motion. Meanwhile, Willy Walrus attempted another punch only to be retaliated by the young male hedgehog.

Acknowledging their defeat, Willy Walrus and the weasel bandits fled away from their battle station. The young male hedgehog carried the unconscious girl bridal style to the nearest shelter.

Guys, here comes the male protagonist! Who is this mysterious hedgehog? What is his motive? Happy reading!