say my name

13

There was this quiet humming coming from right beside me. It was almost like low whispers or mumbles of lyrics heard as melodies. I almost wished it didn't wake me up, but I would of regretted not listening to it.

I exhaled a slow breath, pondering on whether to go back to sleep or not. The voice was soothing against the quietness of this room-

Where am I?

I felt my eyelids forcefully fluttering open, but was welcomed in a dimly lit room.

Oh right, the infirmary.

"You're awake."

A yarn escaped my mouth as I pushed myself up next to the wall. "Yea." I uttered, watching the only visible side of his face that the light shined on. "What are you doing here?"

"What else can I do here except watch someone so ugly sleep?" He didn't even bothered covering his laugh that echoed in the empty room.

I glared at him but he seem unfazed by it.

"Even if you like me so much, you don't need to stare at me like that."

Seriously. He has too much self esteem for his own good.

"I never said I like you." I sneered at him.

"Denial is always the first step of falling in love," He says as he swings his arm around my shoulders and pull me into a headlock. He turned his head over, flashing one of his crinkled eye smiles. "It's okay, I know I'm fabulous and you can't resist me."

"You know," I started as I try to release myself from his grip, "your disappointment would be as big as your ego."

"Are you picking a fight with me Choi Haneul?" He scowl with a glare.

He must be angry to use my full name for the first time.

"Oh gosh, did my opinion hurt your feelings?" I feel a smile twitching it's way across my face but I tried to fight off the urge to do so.

He let out a frustrated sigh, trying hard to hide his scowl, "Your opinion is not of any importance to me."

"Is that really?" There's something about this conversation that amuses me. "You're lame."

"I'm swag."

"You're ugly."

"Don't test me Haneul." He gritted upon hearing my, perhaps too insensitive insult.

But I've gone to far to stop.