Chapter 1: Welcome to Lazy Town! 🏀

(Authors Note: (Y/N) = Your Name and (L/N) = Last Name)

The train slowly comes to a halt. The train horn blows a loud whistle that was quite a merry sound. The conductor sighs looking at his pocket watch then with a groan calls "1st stop, Lazy Town Station!". There was a pause in the passenger car. Passengers yawned and waited to leave the station since no one got on the train to go to a small fruitless town called Lazy Town. All except for one. "Um, that's me!"(Y/N) says clumsily grabbing their suitcases and squeezing through the rows of faces that were in shock to see someone leaving the train to go to a simple town such as this.

The conductor waited impatiently, tapping his foot as (Y/N) approached him with the yellow train ticket in hand. The conductor snatched the ticket from your hand and punched a hole in it signifying your departure. "There you go Madame" he says with a sigh, handing you back the ticket. "Thank you, have a wonderful day" You take the ticket and examine it. You smile and walk to the screen door. You exit the train stepping onto the crimson pavement of town.

The train's horn blew once more and the conductor calls out "Good luck in this rotten town Miss" He laughs and shuts the platinum screen door. You are quite confused as you watch the train leave the station with haste. Your mind struggles to try to figure out what he meant by a comment like that. You shrug and carry your heavy luggage down the streets of this little town. Passing by yellow walls and a few buildings. It was quiet except for the sounds of laughter of children.

Curiosity got the best of you and you wander to where the laughter was coming from. Around the corner, you see a small but modest sports field with children playing basketball together. It was a sight for sore eyes. This town, though small was quite lovely. The birds chirping, the wind blowing through your hair with the smell of grass and dirt, and the sun beating down upon you. It was a new sight to behold and a feeling of happiness takes over you. Growing up in a big city, there was no land for as far as the eyes can see. There were only tall buildings, skyscrapers, shops, and stores, nothing but civilization.

But this town is rural and you distinctively notice how clean the air smelt, it is clean with the faint smell of minty grass on the breeze. It would seem coming here was a great idea so far, you think. Your attention returns to the children as the basketball bounces off the edge of the basketball hoop and rolls over to you. The ball bumps your foot and you look down at the ball by your feet. You look up to the kids to see a beautiful little girl with short bubble gum pink hair. "Hey could you pass us the ball" She says with a warm smile on her face. Looking back down at the basketball you gently put down your luggage and grab the basketball off the ground.

You stare at the ball in your hands. You haven't played in years, since your junior high days. But maybe you still got your touch. With complete concentration, you throw the basketball and it flies through the air before going into the hoop. The basketball rolls over to a young boy with messy red hair and weird electric devices on his head and wrist. The children's mouths were agape in awe, staring at you. You smile and mumble to yourself "I still got it " as you go to pick up your luggage from the ground but another girl interrupts you. The girl has brown hair in three ponytails and seemed to be the punk of the group. She calls " Hey, you should totally play with us!".

The other kids chimed in saying "Yeah!", "That was so cool", and "It is so much fun if you joined us!". Maybe you could use a break and have some fun for a little bit before going over to your new house to unpack your stuff. " Alright, I'll play with you for a little bit." You say with a smirk as you shrug. You take off your Stilettos and undo your tight bun, letting your hair fall to your shoulders. The kids' yay in joy and clap with excitement as you walk onto the sports field. The boy with the red hair passes the ball to you, catching it you say " Let's play a game".