Chapter 12: Architect for Hire Part 2 🛠️

(Authors Note: I've returned from the grave!)

Sportacus plunges deeper and deeper into the ground riding the wild roller coaster of the pipe's unexpected twists and turns. If it had been under better circumstances he would be having fun right now. Though the pipe is oddly slippery with some type of green goo. And the pipes radiated with a horrid stench of rotten foods. But still, with all these distractions, Sportacus couldn't think of anything but you. He knew you are in great danger and so are the children. Robbie was planning something and Sportacus had a feeling it wasn't going to be good.

Sportacus flies out of the old rusted pipe, finally reaching the end. As he goes up into the air, he finds himself falling once more. Back down into a pile of trash that almost resembled the hills of his homeland except for filled with rubbish and waste. His destination was disgusting and he soon realized this is where the awful stench was coming from. Sportacus is submerged in the garbage, completely buried under pounds of trash. Now the smell is overpowering, making him almost throw up the food he ate this morning. It made his senses overload, and his eyes water from the stinking waste. He soon realizes it is hard to breathe being covered in waste. Sportacus conserves his air supply, holding his breath as he claws his way up to the surface.

Pushing aside plastic trash bags filled with garbage, wrappers, rotten foods, and random papers. With his immense strength, he forces his way out of the grave of trash. Now with only the lower half of his body in the trash still, he pauses for a moment. Breathing heavily, taking in the somewhat clearer air. With his breathing rate returning to normal, he pulls his lower body out of the pile. Now standing on top of this hill of waste. Sportacus takes time to observe the environment. The hill of garbage seemed to be resting in this place, unmoving for quite some time probably why there is such an unpleasant smell of rot.

There were dark purple walls that surrounded the enclosed garbage dump. Sportacus notices on the walls the same green goo that, now dried and darkened from age. Staining the walls the formerly vibrant purple walls. Some fresher goo gently trickled down from the cracks in the ceiling. It is dim inside no light except for two lanterns that hung on both side walls, a small flickering warm orange flame gave off a small bit of light. Looking about, he soon realizes there is no way out except the way he came in. But he knew if he simply jumped up to the pipe above he would surely fall from slick green goo, there was nothing for him to hold onto to climb back out. Sportacus gives a deep sigh and sits down on the hill of trash, it would seem that going out of this predicament was harder than he ordinarily anticipated.

He should have never underestimated Robbie, he hopes with all his heart that Rotten wouldn't have the black heart to harm you or the children in any way. Sportacus deduces that he is stuck in the trash dump and it would take him a while to figure out a plan to escape but he must, no matter how long it takes. He will return, to feel your smooth warm skin as he holds you once more in his protective embrace. To see your beautiful face and hear your voice that was sweet as honey. To feel those soft pink lips against his own. This challenge that Robbie at the set before Sportacus will not keep him away from you forever. It is only a bump in the road of the journey he had with you. Sportacus sits, quietly pondering ideas to climb out of the pipes. Glancing around his eyes land on a few pieces of scrap metal he recognizes as the same material Robbie Rotten used to create his bicycle, skateboard, and skates from the race. Sportacus smirks to himself as a brilliant plan pops into his mind.

Meanwhile, you safely make your way back to your house. Swiftly digging through your purse, searching for your keys. Once you found them, of course, at the very bottom of your purse. You anxiously fumble with the keys in hand. Accidentally dropping them on the ground like the klutz you are, you curse under your breath. Bending down you pick up your keys and unlock the door. Walking inside, you immediately close the door behind you and lock it. Throwing the keys back in your purse, you carelessly place your purse on the couch causing someone of its contents to fall out. But you disregard the mess and quickly walk throughout the house looking for all ways of entry, including windows and doors. Closing and locking them tightly in case any unwanted guests find their way into your house.