Chapter 10: Sports Candy Festival 🎊

(Authors Note: This chapter gets more serious!)

The evening crept faster than you originally anticipated, the sun casts long shadows on the various houses, builds, and streets of Lazy Town. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange hue to the enchanting sky. You sigh looking out the opened window of Miss Busybody's house. The cold yet gentle breeze blew into the house, your hair flowing softly in the breeze. You stared at the orange-reddish hues of the heavens above, sipping on a hot cup of coffee Miss Busybody made for you both.

Your hands felt sore after baking all the fruit treats and goodies for the festival. Though the warmth of the cup of coffee made your aching hands feel slightly better. Miss Busybody let you take a short break while she worked on the last few vegetable foods. You sat on her soft and red flower-patterned chair. You held your head in your palm, placing an elbow on the armrest waiting for her vegetable pies to finish baking in the oven. It smelt very good in her house from all the baking you both have accomplished. You recall seeing her large circular dining table covered with foods for the festival and you conclude that you've done enough baking for the rest of your life.

You hear in the kitchen Miss Busybody happily humming a soft tune to herself as she washes the pots, pans, and utensils you and she used to bake such delicious treats for Sportacus and the kids. Your eyes carelessly wander around the beautiful painting-like view of Lazy Town from Miss Busybody's window. Your eyes land on the Mayor standing on a tall latter hanging string lights from pole to pole. Sportacus, at the end of the ladder, holds it steady for the Mayor. While Stephanie and Trixie hold the long line of string lights to be hung up next. Stephanie and Trixie watch the Mayor with concern plastered on their faces. Ziggy, Stingy, and Pixel are setting up cute little sports and sports candy-related games.

Stingy tests a bean bag toss game he made by throwing a red apple-looking bean bag into the mouth of the wooden face that was carved from wood. Now that you look at the face, it looks vaguely familiar to Stingy's face. The Apple bean bag gets in the mouth successfully and Stingy confidently grins. Though he was only standing just a few feet away from the target. Anyone could make that throw. But you smile and turn to Pixel and Ziggy. The pair of boys help each other hang a volleyball net on either side of two shorter metal poles. When they were done, Pixel grabbed a volleyball painted with different shades of green to look like a watermelon.

The boys got on opposite sides of the net and started play testing. Pixel tosses the watermelon ball into the air. Pixel clasps his hands together with his thumbs together, side-by-side. He holds his arms straight in front of him and waits for the ball to fall back down. The watermelon ball falls and Pixel hits the ball and it flies over the net to Ziggy. Ziggy's arms fumble trying to find the correct position to hit the ball. When he believes he got it right, he tries to hit the ball but misses. The volleyball hits the ground with a thud and rolls away. Ziggy watches the ball roll away and sighs. Pixel chuckles and lightly shakes his head from side to side. Pixel gets the ball and walks over to Ziggy. Pixel pats Ziggy's shoulder and gives the volleyball to Ziggy.

Pixel demonstrates to the younger boy how to properly throw and pass the ball to the other team. Meanwhile, Mayor Meanswell carefully climbs down the latter, finished with hanging the lights. Stephanie accompanied by Trixie runs over to Pixel and Ziggy, who are practicing volleyball together. After a quick chat, the four of them form two teams. Pixel and Ziggy are on one side of the net and Stephanie and Trixie are on the other. Sportacus and the Mayor are setting up tables for the food. Placing red checkered tablecloths on top of the tables. Your attention is snapped away from the kids, Mayor Meanswell, and Sportacus by the sound of the oven bell going off with a high pitch ding. Signifying the vegetable pies are finished.

Miss Busybody puts on her oven mitts and pulls out the two pies, laying them on two mats on the pitch counter. She walks out of the kitchen and says " Miss (Y/N), could you be a dear and take the prepared foods out to the tables? Organize them nicely, and separate the fruits from the vegetables, please." You take the last couple of sips of your coffee before turning to her. With a gentle smile, you reply " Of course Miss Busybody. I'm on it." You get off the comfy chair and walk over to the dining room table with all the goodies for this evening. You carefully pick up a plate with a delicious apple pie and a tray of sugar-free lemon-lime cookies.