Chapter 3: Apple of my Eye 🍎

Since you were housebound for a couple of weeks. You spent most of your time unpacking and placing everything the way you wanted it in your new home. And so far it is looking pretty good. There are still some boxes in the corner of the living room that you haven't gotten around to doing just yet. They were mostly filled with heavy furniture from your old house in the big city.

Since you're still limping from your sprained ankle it wouldn't be wise to carry heavy stuff around the house just yet. You still needed time for your ankle to fully heal. Speaking of, your ankle seems to be healing just fine with each passing day. Walking up the stairs was probably the hardest thing to do especially the first couple of days of having this injury but going down the stairs was fun since you just sit on the railing and carefully slide down.

Now and then you would sit on the couch and take a fifteen to twenty-minute break to give your ankle some time to rest. Either watching some TV, playing a board game or card game by yourself, or writing in your notebook a list of things you need to buy at the grocery store. Before standing back up on your feet and going back to your housework.

You would be lying if you said that you were not bored out of your mind. Granted some of these things needed to be done to get your house in working space but it does get tiresome. Especially since you wanna go outside and play with the kids on the sports field. But you wouldn't want to injure yourself even more than you already did. So I guess you're going to have to just deal with it for the time being.

The kids were so sweet and kind to you that it is unbearable. They would come by your house as a group every once in a while giving you some "flowers" they picked from the Lazy Town park. You were pretty sure those were weeds but it was still a really kind gesture. You still have them in a blue vase filled with water on your dining room table. One time, a couple of days ago Ziggy came with a big bag of candy, it was mostly chocolates that you really shouldn't be eating but you didn't want it to go to waste and it does look pretty tasty.

Stephanie would bring you CDs every couple of days of music she listens to help entertain you with something other than T.V. Stingy begrudgingly gave you a small pig bank that was in the shape of an owl. It is super cute and you put it on your bedside table next to your grandma's lamp. You mostly use it to put a quarter in when you say bad words around the house when you are upset. It is a really thoughtful gift that your surprised Stingy gave you since he seems to really like physical possessions a lot.

Pixel gave you a small box that contained a watch that would tell time and can show you a map of Lazy Town which was helpful since you're still new here. Though you felt that he should have given it to someone else. But Pixel did say he had made it himself and it was made especially for you. Something this precious and well-made, made you feel somewhat guilty that you didn't want it. You took the box and kept it on your dresser. Debating whether or not you should wear it.

Trixie gave you a plain black skateboard. That was a really generous gift and at first, you couldn't accept it but eventually gave in to her pleading with you to keep it. You thought about painting a design on the back of the skateboard to make it your own but that was a project for another day. Today you had to go to the school and look around your new classroom. Later after that, you would to meet the Mayor and thank him for his generosity as well.

Before you could go get dressed you heard a knock at your door. You weren't expecting any packages or mail today. You wonder who could be at your doorstep at this hour. You hope it wasn't one of the kids giving you more gifts. Though it is nice of them to do so. Soon you wouldn't have any room in your house for anything. After swiftly fixing your clothes and putting your hair up in a ponytail. Making yourself look somewhat presentable, you open the door. Standing there was Sportacus holding a basket of fruits with a big grin on his face. You were somewhat taken aback that he was here with a gift for you.