X: 'cause forgiveness is a nice thing to do

"Yah! Jennie Kim! Come on, we're going now!" Nayeoun shouted from downstairs inside Jennie's house.

Not a minute long, Jennie's footsteps were perceived by Nayeon's tiny ears.

"Finally. What took you so long?"

"Who let you come in?" Instead of answering Nayeon's question, Jennie returned another question.

The older one furrows. "It doesn't matter, why aren't you used to me getting inside your home without your consent?"

Jennie just sighs in response and then puts her sling bag around her.

After having some chit-chats inside Jennie's flat, they proceeded outside and get inside the older one's vehicle.

Today is the day when Nayeon will pay a visit to her foster family in Daegu. It's been a while since she has seen those familiar faces that took care of her for twenty years of her life.

Now that she's able to take care of her own, she did everything just to get out of their custody right away. She doesn't want to prolong the role of being a burden to them anymore.

As soon as she graduated and successfully get a decent job that will elevate her state from the bottom, she says, she moved to her next step which is what she called her sweet escape.

Her prior state while still being under the guardianship of her foster family wasn't actually defined the meaning of the bottom state. She just thinks of it herself, because she can consider her life in a predicament remembering those days.

Thereafter the two-and-a-half-hour travel from Seoul to Daegu, the two girls finally reached their destination facing the humid air of the place.

Succeeding from winter, the place is now getting wetter in some areas. The blooming plants made the whole place look pleasant to the eyes. But the truth behind this four-walled establishment won't ever able to be hidden by these beautiful flowers around, that's what Nayeon thinks as soon as she set her feet in front of the door of the mansion.

She then gave the car key to the valet, then an old-looking man suddenly approached them with a smile.

"You're all grown up now, Ms. Im."

As she heard that voice, a single tear comes falling from her eye in a split second when she perceive the familiar face beside her.

Without any second thoughts, Nayeon crashed herself into the warm embrace of the old man that she had never seen in ages now.

Behind them, there's Jennie who's watching them with a melting heart inside her. She's in awe at the scene that is currently observed by her eyes.

"I miss you so much, Sir." The old man chuckled at what Nayeon said.

"Oh, how many years do I have to remind you about to not calling me Sir every time we meet, my dear?" A smile is now prominent on the little bunny's lips together with her teary eyes.

The old man's eyes happen to meet Jennie's. She immediately smiles.

"You're a lot taller now, Ms. Kim, I'm glad to see you here with Ms. Im."

"Yes, it's been a while, Sir." Jennie bowed to him, and so did the old man too.

"Mind me leading the way?" The bunny teeth girl shook her head refusing the old man's offer.

"I want to see her on my own if you don't mind that, Sir Lee?" Her polite asking convinced the old man to let her do what she want.

"Am I going with you or...?"