Chapter 2

After the interminable wait at baggage claim, the shuttle dropped us off at the front door of a reasonably nice hotel.

I say "us" because my acquaintance had stuck by me through the entire tedious process.

"Buy you a nightcap?" He offered as we finished checking in and claimed our keys.

I swallowed nervously. There wasn't a doubt in my mind as to his intentions, but as much as I knew I should, I couldn't convince myself to say "no".

His presence, his sheer physical dominance was overpowering, intoxicating. It brought out this strange, undeniable urge to submit to his desires, to please him in whatever way he wanted to be pleased.

Nodding mutely, I let him lead me to the nearly empty lounge.

At the bar, the man hailed the bartender.

The young woman shot him an appraising look. "Hi there - what can I get started for you?"

He turned to me, asking, "What'll you have?"

"Uh, gin and tonic, please." I handed over my ID, ready this time.

The woman gave it back after a quick scan. "And for you?"

He held out a credit card. "I'll just take the check."

She nodded, taking the card and leaving to make my cocktail.

Turning to him, I tried to hide my disappointment, "You're not drinking with me?"

"No."

"Then I don't understand-"

He held up a finger, watching as the bartender returned with a glass and a slim, patent leather folder.

"The gin and tonic," she said, setting the glass on a napkin in front of me, "and the check."

The man accepted it with a smile as a new arrival at the other end of the bar drew the woman away.

Quickly signing, he tore off the bottom of the receipt, flipping it over and scribbling something.

Folding it in half, he handed it to me.

"What is this?"

His dark eyes met mine, "My room number."

"Wh-" Stunned, I forgot how to speak; I forgot how to breathe.

He leaned in, and I inhaled his scent like an addict. "I bought you the drink because I wanted to give you time to think. That way when you come up to my door and beg me to fuck you, there won't be any doubts about your sincerity."

"'When'?" I asked.

His voice rumbled like thunder. "When."

I looked away, heat blazing in my cheeks, "Well, I'll give you points for boldness-"

"Baby, bold would be slipping my hand between your thighs and finding out exactly how wet I've made you."

Shifting in my seat, I quivered at the thought of what his hands could do to me.

"Did you think I didn't know?" His voice was soft, meant for my ears only.

"Know what?"

"That you've already fucked me a dozen times in your mind."

"I-" I shook my head, not believing what I was hearing.

"Am I wrong?"

Swallowing, I met his gaze. "No."

His lips curved into a smug smile. "Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. I can promise you complete and utter satisfaction - no strings attached." He slid my glass closer to me. "So, take your time, think about it and when you've made your decision, I'll be waiting."

Without another word, he stood, walking with his suitcase toward the elevators.

I think I sat there in shock for almost ten minutes, mutely sipping at the cocktail he'd bought me.

I'll be waiting...

A shiver rippled across my skin as I remembered the heat of his eyes, the deep resonance of his voice, the seductive aroma of his cologne.

Sliding my thumb over the misty condensation, I pinched my bottom lip between my teeth.

Did I want him?

The aching pulse between my legs was a clear enough answer.

Bringing the glass up for a sip, I felt the carbonated heat slide down my throat.

There are so many reasons why this is a bad idea...

Staring into my drink, I paused.

How many of them actually matter?

Closing my eyes, I could almost feel the way his large hands would press against my skin, the way he would taste as I sucked his cock, the way he would sound as he fucked me...

Setting the glass down, I pulled a couple of dollars out of my wallet and set them on the counter.

Standing, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and headed for the elevators.

Outside of his door, I glanced once more at the slip of paper, triple-checking that I had the right room.

Crumpling it, I slipped the ball into my pocket, summoned my courage, and knocked.

My heart hammered in my chest, and for an awful moment I felt the cold fear that I was making a mistake.

Then the door opened, and there he was, dark eyes pulling me into their depths. His suit jacket had been discarded, and without it the broad power of his torso was evident for all to see.

But we were alone in the hallway.

Looking me over, I felt the burning heat as his stare consumed me. He stopped when he reached my face, waiting.

My pulse thundered in my ears as I asked, "Do you have condoms?"

His answer was instant. "Yes."

"Okay."

A subtle smirk graced his features, "'Okay,' what? I need to hear you ask for what you want."

The rich, commanding timbre of his voice held me in thrall, and I felt all shame slipping away.

"I want you to fuck me."

A spark flared in his gaze. "And how do you want me to fuck you?"

My pulse stuttered as a thousand wicked scenarios filled my head. I would let him do any of them - all of them.

He could have me any way he wants me...

Feeling a delicious certainty washing over me, I leaned into his body heat, bringing my lips to his ear.

"I want you to use me like a whore."