chapter 9 : the final line

Taylor's POV

I make my way  out the parking lot onto the shop lined street  towards the luminescent green chalk line.

I look around to take the setting in we start off on a long clear road stretch that has shops that line the right side.

On the left side of the road behind the crowds is where the  parking  lot  stands a few miles down is the park that's how we will  circle back when racing.

At the  other end of the road is a small junction where cars can either turn right left or continue foward.

Well take the right corner that's the first corner of the circuit.

Both danny and i will race along the second road  and into the park entrance we will then go through the park for a mile then back onto  the road we started on.
________________________________

I look over to my left waiting for danny to pull up and take his place.

Danny  then slowley makes  his way along the side of my car with his stupid BMW.

Once in my eye line Danny rolls down his tinnted window and smirks at me.

"Get ready to eat road gravel again torreto"danny mocked  to me.

I tighten my grip on the wheel and set my jaw only giving him a  cold side glance in response.

That's when violet makes her way  out the crowd in front of our 2 cars the headlights lighting her up.

"You know the rules 2 laps  of the set out circuit and back to this chalk line" she says as she points to the line she then  retrieves a make shift flag from her bra.

"And remeber play nice or suffer the consequences we will know If you dont play nice" she says as she points with the flag at each of our cars.

I look over to the crowds and locate my freinds mixed in with it Kieran has a smirk plastered on his face as he makes bets with the people around him.

Mitchell shaking his head at our freind and turns his head to look over at me he catches my eye and nods at me.

Faye stands  behind  Mitchell  looking over at me she sticks both her thumbs up to me then proceed to point at danny and drag her thumb across her throat.

Making me chuckle slightly.

I turn back to the road and start to rev my engine.

Danny then follows suit only trying to be bigger and better.

I mentally roll my eyes.

"Okay are we ready"violet then holds the flag up.

Both danny and I rev our engines in reply.

"Remeber 2 laps of the circuit going though the park  and the person to cross the green line first  wins"violet once again states the rules.

"Go"she then brings down her flag and off shoot danny and I.

Danny takes the lead

I stay on his trail giving him enough space to think hes winning.

Danny then gets cocky and sticks his middle finger out the window as he picks up speed and makes his way down the road to then go around the first corner of the circuit.

I grit my teeth and decrease my speed as I go around the first  corner aswell.

I then pick speed up once again and gain my way to once again be in Danny's eye line.

Danny looks over at me and gives me a pissed off look.

We make our way down the long stretch past the crowds that lined the streets.

ride till we dieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें