CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

A little back from church update for y'all 😅❤️
Sorry for keeping this so long, I've been battling a serious block like this ehn, and I don't even know what to do about it.

I've managed to write a thousand plus tacky words on the next two chapters, but only God will help me let me update them because they look like rubbish to me and honestly I feel like deleting everything 😭

Anyway, my final year in high school is just aybsjludabkisqgkoyz!

Read and be blessed, guess who's on the top🌚❤️

TWENTY FOUR

ZAYNAB

I sighed for the nth time as Maina passed right in front of me once again without so much as a second glance, as Certified Loner by Mayorkun blasted from a nearby Bluetooth speaker.

We had finished dinner about an hour ago, and while majority of the campers prepared for lights out, the much of us that littered ourselves in the open space of the school's field busied ourselves with random activities, some in groups, some on their own. I happened to be one of the individuals in no particular group on the field. Not because I wasn't sociable, but because I was desperately wishing for one person to walk up to me and engage me.

Maina.

"WHO WON THE GAMES?!" Someone yelled suddenly from across the field with the tune of Beyonce's Run The World, and I took a glance to see who it was. Unsurprisingly, I didn't know the person. However, Maina was among the group of people standing there, whom I suspected were Green House members, considering the chant they now echoed ever so loudly.

"WHO WON THE GAMES?!" The chant came again louder than before, and that was because all of them there had joined in on the act, now hyping and hailing Green House for winning the sports competition.

"GREENS!" They yelled, making some people from other houses agitate, yelling at them to stop making noise, while the winning team nonchalantly ran around the field, hailing themselves even more.

I was in Blue House, and my house had come third, after Yellow, and before Red.

Yes, Red House had come last. Upon their mouth.

Blue House came first in the football competition, after defeating both Green and Yellow houses. The Volleyball competition was dominated by Yellow House, however, Green House excelled in the races, as well as high jump competition, and I guessed that was what boosted their scores.

Finally, as the place began to quiet down again, someone suggested we all played a general game of Bad Belle, as they called it. In no time, most of us were in the huge circle, hands linked, as the clapping proceeded.

"Zouzanna, Zouzanna, here we go", the officiator chanted as we clapped.

"Bad Belle,"

Clap, clap, clap.

"Rotten Belle,"

Clap, clap, clap.

"For example,"

Clap, clap, clap.

"Names of boys"