- Please -

Staring at the ringing phone, Marilyn slowly raises from the crusty mattress, making her way towards the black phone.

Slowly raising her hand, she takes the phone in her fingers and brings it to her ear.

"Hello?" Her voice was soft, sad.

The sound of static filled her ears and Marilyn waited patiently for a voice.

"You don't have much time." A voice says on the other end.

Marilyn looks around confused. She doesn't know this voice.

She was about to ask who it was but before she could open her mouth, the voice cut her off.

"The Grabber hasn't been sleeping. He thinks he's gonna figure it out." The voice says, which only confuses Marilyn more.

"Who's he? Figure what out?" She asks.

There's more static before the voice answers. "His brother, upstairs." The boys lets out a laugh and Marilyn tries to guess who the voice belongs to.

"Are you Billy?" She asks.

There's a hum from the otherside before she hears an answer. "Doesn't ring a bell."

"Griffin?"

"Who?"

Marilyn looks around the room, thinking that the boy might be in the room with her. "Griffin Stagg."

"Probably," the voice says and Marilyn feels bad for the poor kids. They all don't remember their names.

It's the first thing you get in life. And the first thing you lose after.

"Its a little hazy, but I imagine you know all our names."

Marilyn nods. "Yeah." She whispers, two names specifically popping up in her mind.

"You don't have much time." Griffin repeats, but this time his voice was a little more harsh.

"Time? Why hasn't he killed me yet?" Marilyn asks. It's been longer than usual. Most of the boys were killed within two days. Marilyns been here longer.

Why?

"You aren't playing the game. You have to play the game, or he can't win. And if he can't win, he can't beat you." Griffin says and Marilyn thinks back to her chat with Bruce and how he mentioned that all the boys went upstairs and get beat with a belt.

"This is a game? What kind of sick psycho fuck is this guy?" She whispers, more to herself then to Griffin.

"The grabber has to beat you before moving on to the next part. His favorite part."

Marilyn sucks in a small breath. She could guess what the grabbers favorite part was.

The killing.

"You don't have much time." Griffin repeats.

"You said that." She mutters.

"The grabber hasn't been sleeping."

Marilyn rolls her eyes. "You said that too."

"Yeah well, he is now." Griffin says.

Marilyns eyebrows raise slightly, all attention moving to the phone. Slowly, she turns to look at the door, a small smirk flowing over her face.

"The door is unlocked." She whispers.

"The door is unlocked." Griffin repeats and Marilyn could've sworn she could hear the smile on his lips.