- Differences -

Vance returns with his wet clothes in his hand, looking at Marilyn a little lost.

She smiles at him and holds out her hand.

"Here, I'll put them in the wash with mine."

Vance nods and hands the clothes over to Marilyn, watching her take them. His breath lightly hitches when he feels her fingers brush past his own, butterflies fluttering through his stomach.

She leaves for a few seconds before returning and flopping onto the couch, Vance feeling comfortable enough to do the same.

"Schools back on Monday, are you going?"

Marilyn looks over at Vance and his voice is drowned out as her gaze drifting down to his shirt. Memories begin to flood through your mind of her brother, that was one of his favorite shirts.

"Mari?"

She blinks, looking up at Vance as he waves his fingers infront of her face.

"Oh- uhm, sorry, what were you saying?" She asks and Vance sends her a small smile.

"I asked if you were going back to school on Monday." He says, he knows that she was staring at the shirt, he knows that wearing it is probably bringing back memories.

So, he's thought up a few things to distract her.

Marilyn clears her throat, nodding. "Yeah, I think it's best. I can't just sit around all day and be sad. It's not what they would've wanted."

Vance nods lightly before placing a hand on her leg. The gesture is foreign for the both of them. He's not used to showing this type of affection, hell he's not used to showing any type of affection. But Marilyn was his only exception, he's starting to go soft for her.

And he doesn't care one bit.

"Are you sure you're ready?" He asks.

Marilyn feels her heart best pick up as she stares into Vance's blue eyes and she swears everything around her stops. She never noticed how gorgeous Vance was before. The way hid untamed hair perfectly framed his face, the way the blue in his eyes would pop in any light, the way his gaze softened whenever he looked at her and only her.

This man was perfect to her in every way possible.

Marilyn nods, grabbing his hand and playing with the ring on his finger.

"I'm sure." She mutters and Vance smiles, nodding.

"Alright. That's good," Vance clears his throat lightly and watches her play with his rings. Her touch is soft and gentle. Something Vance isn't all familiar with as his father spends his time using his hands to harm the boy.

This was a nice change. Vance could get used to this change.

Marilyn looks at the boys wrist, smiling at the fact there wasn't already something accessorizing it.

She goes to move her hand away but Vance is quick to grab her hand, shaking his head. "Don't stop, please." He says and Marilyn smiles, nodding before interlocking their fingers.

Vance laughs lightly as he found the sight infront of him humouristic. His hands were easily much larger than Marilyns.

"You're so tiny." Vance whispers and Marilyn blushes lightly.

"You're so b‐" Marilyn cuts herself off when Vance sends her a smirk, raising his eyebrows.

"Go on."

"No."

Marilyn backs away from the boy, looking at the television infront of them and folding her arms.