𝟎𝟕

Plan
Max Shaw POV

Max hears knocks on his door ,confusing his as he wasn't expecting anyone.

"Samson stop come here ,good boy!Hold on one second!"Max yells at whoever's outside.

"Hello?"he says as he opens the door a bit,only enough to poke his head out.

"Good evening sir ,we're canvassing your neighborhood ,talking to residents.
We were wondering if you've seen these kids?"one asks as he holds pictures of the missing teens.

"Your the police."Max states ,smiling weirdly.

"Yes Denver PD."they say ignoring his weird manners.

"Uh huh your here for the missing kids"

"Yes sir and if there's anything you kn-"one of the officers start before getting interrupted.

"Come inside,come on.Samson stop it!"he say's before they walk in.

"I want to show you something.
Yup right over here,so all the kids live in the same district.They all walk to and from school right?
They were all grabbed on the way home from school ,except Celeste the only girl, she was taken on her way to school when she was late"he rants.

"Sir we're well aware-"they try to explain,wanting to get away from this suspicious character ,instead of wasting time.

"Listen!He has to be able to grab these kids and get them back to his place very quickly.Which means he has a house with a garage,since he can't risk them getting away or waking up ,if he's knocking them out.Which means that the grabber has to live somewhere in this area ,right here."he explains pointing at his map.

"Mr-?"one of the police interrupt,not at all interested in what Max has to say.

"It's Max"

"Mr.Max-"

"Not Mr.Max it's ju- it's just Max, my friends call me Max, it's just we're all working on this case together ,you know-"he stutters as they notice even more red flags.

"How long have you lived in the area Max?"they question.

"I live down in Durango im just crashing here at my brothers place , I've been reading a lot about this case and I'm in between jobs right now and you guys could really use my help on this."

"You keep working at this but if you see any of these boys just give us a call."they say noticing the illegal substance on the coffee table,no longer listening to his words.

"O-Or if I have any new leads right?"

"If you see any of these boys then ya call"one of the officers repeat again.
"And uh you might wanna tidy up before your brother gets home"the other one says, pointing at the lines of coke on the coffee table,before they both leave ,leaving Max staring at the table.

"Oh stupid stupid stupid stupid moron ,God-dammit Max"he scolds himself, before picking up the rolled dollar bill and snorting the rest of his substance.

____________________________________
Back to the basement

My ribs were finally started to hurt less but it was still pretty bad.