𝟎𝟗

Connecting the dots
In the basement ,before Gwen called the police

I went back to the bed and heard Vance calling out for his mom in a whisper.

God damn it ,I feel so bad. He just misses his mom.

He told me a bit about her ,about how nice she was and how she was also one of the only people to believe in him

He is the way he is because is dad used to beat him before he died ,he just doesn't want anyone to see his hurt.

Just like me.

He's not as heartless as people think,he's just been through a lot.

'We're more alike than I thought, except my dads sadly still alive.
Oh and my mom left me,how fun.'

My train of thought was broken when I heard him crying ,so I gently woke him up.

I layes down next to him hugging him as he flinched before he wrapped an arm around me and cried into my shoulder.

"It's ok I'm here ,I got you."I whispered kissing his cheek as his tears stained my shirt.

"Come on we have to escape."I said once he stopped crying a little.

"What do you mean there's no way out, we tried.
We tried so fucking hard Celeste ,but he still got us."he said as his grip on me became even tighter.

Once he started struggling to breath because of how hard he was crying I panicked and just kissed him ,since nothing else seemed to calm him down.

It worked though ,he quickly got distracted and kissed me back even harder.His cries indeed stopping.

"What was that for?"He asked ,once I pulled away.

"To stop you from crying. So you know ,you could actually breathe."I told him matter of factly, wiping his tears.

"Well it worked."he said laughing.

"Yea no shit."I said rolling my eyes.

"Thank you Celeste."He said referring to me comforting him as he pressed his lips onto mine,one last time.
____________________________________
"So did you try out the freezer?"Vance asked after I told him about mine and David's conversation.

"Of course I did ,but it was no use.I tried so hard"I said sadly ,reminding him of what he had said earlier about the grabber catching him and Bruce ,when they tried escaping.

"It alright ,come on we got this. Me and Robin have teach you guys how to fight ,right?Lets wake the others up then."he said consoling me.

And so we did ,Bruce flinching a bit but I comforted him too when he woke up scared.

When he started crying I distracted him by telling him about what Davis said and that we actually had a chance to escape.

When we woke up Robin he was in immediately once we told him he would be able to teach us how to "defend ourselves".
I think he just likes showing off his skills.

He looked si cute in that moment for absolutely no reason at all and to be completely honest I almost folded right then and there but I managed to pull myself together.