Chapter 14

On one of the locations along the border to the Land of Wind, Temari and a group of Sand Shinobi were ordered to be placed on high alert. They were told to assume that word about their Kazekage being abducted as neighboring Nations could potentially invade. Temari looked at Matsuri who was concerned about something.

Temari: Is something wrong, Matsuri?

Matsuri: Are we sure this is the right thing we should be doing?

Temari: What do you mean?

Matsuri: After all Lord Gaara has been kidnapped. Instead of trying to rescue him, we're stuck on the border marching back and forth waiting for an attack that may not even come.

Temari: They're orders from up high. We have no choice but to obey.

Matsuri: No! Lord Gaara is one of us! He's our Kazekage, no one else!

Temari: You think I don't know that? Said rather annoyed. Do you forget that Gaara is my brother?!

Matsuri was a bit scared seeing her angry with her as she looked down.

Matsuri: Please forgive me.

Temari: It's alright. Honestly, I wish I could be out there saving him but we're stuck here.

One of the Sand Shinobi looked towards the trees as he saw something move.

Did you see that?

Huh? See what?

Over there by that tree.

It's probably a bird.

I don't think so.

He squinted his eyes trying to see what it was but saw nothing. Suddenly, dozens of arrows shot up into the air above them.

E-Enemy attack!!!!

Temari and the others looked up seeing the hundreds upon thousand o arrows slowly starting to rain down on them. Quick to act, Temari opened her fan and swung her fan.

Temari: Great Wind Wall!!!!

A wind barrier quickly appeared around the castle easily destroying the arrows. However, some of the arrows managed to pierce through the wall as they struck some of the Sand Shinobi.

Temari: They got through!?

The wall vanished as Temari ran to the edge to see who it was while others quickly treated the injured. When she looked over the edge, her eyes widen in shock seeing who the attackers are.