Chapter 15

Sakura, Karin, and Chiyo were ready to see what Sasori would do.

Karin: How are we going you doing to destroy this puppet?

Chiyo: This puppet is highly skilled in attack and defense. Be that as it may, first we need to extract Sasori from Hiruko.

Sakura: Then, how do we do that?

Chiyo: The most frightening thing about a puppet is their hidden weapons. If we can't figure out where they are, we won't be able to tell where and how he'll attack.

Sakura: But Lady Chiyo, you know a lot about the mechanisms of that puppet. So that means we have the advantage.

Chiyo nodded in response.

Chiyo: That's why I thought I could take him on by myself at first.

Sakura: At first?

Chiyo: Now it doesn't look like it'll work.

Sakura: What do you mean?

Karin: It's been a long time since Lady Chiyo saw that puppet last. Since it's been a rather long time, Sasori has upgraded it in various areas so we no longer have the advantage. It's like sparring against a friend from a long time ago. You know what they were capable of back then but facing them after a long time, the weaknesses you thought they had are gone.

Chiyo: That's correct. It seems like Kehira has taught you well.

Karin: Yeah he did. This is why I won't hold back against someone who is a member of the Akatsuki!

Karin clapped her hands together as she performed several hand signs.

Karin: Fuuton Reppu-Ookami!! (Wind Style: Gale Wolf)

A massive gust of wind appears inside the cave which surprised Chiyo and Sakura. Karin remained silent as a total of six wind wolves appeared around her.

Sakura: That jutsu.

Sasori: Hmmm. That jutsu belongs to Kehira of the Leaf. Said as he chuckled. It's a shame that he was killed before I could have added him to my collection.

Karin: Lady Chiyo, allow me to draw out the real Sasori.

Sakura: What?

Chiyo looked at Karin seeing that she had a serious look in her eyes.

Chiyo 'thought': She has the same look in her eyes as Kehira had a long time ago. If this child has mastered the same Jutsu as Kehira, then she also knows how to use this jutsu.

Karin slowly walked toward Sasori before running with the wolves right beside her. Sasori ripped the cloth from his mouth as he fired a barrage of poison needles.

Sakura: Karin!

Chiyo: It'll be alright Sakura.

Sakura: What?

Chiyo: If Kehira taught her how to use that jutsu, then it would be best to not get in her way.

Sakura: Why? Sasori is a tough opponent that Kankuro couldn't defeat.

Chiyo: True. However, what you didn't know is that Kehira was famous Shinobi much like Kakashi of the Sharingan.

Sakura: Wh-What? He was famous like Kakashi Sensei.

Chiyo: Indeed. I never thought that Kehira would be willing to teach her such an incredible jutsu like that but after seeing it for myself, she will be just fine.