chapter fifteen - calculated

Waking up in Lucius' bed the next morning, you were in a whole new world.

With the soft sunlight peeking through the sheer curtains, you opened your eyes tiredly and searched for Lucius. He was not beside you anymore, but you heard the shower water running from the bathroom.

Easing your way up and out of the bed, you stopped for a minute and furrowed your eyebrows.

God, what hurts so bad?

Walking over to the mirror in Lucius' bedroom, you pulled the collar of his shirt away from your neck to reveal multiple dark purple bruises from him on your chest and around your neck. You lifted the bottom of the shirt up and saw even more deep red marks on your hips and tops of your thighs.

You knew Lucius had been rough with you but had no idea he was physically marking you. It didn't hurt much until this morning, but they ached now. And they were very noticeable.

"Good morning, darling," Lucius called out to you, coming out of the shower.

You were so busy looking in the mirror, you hadn't heard the shower water turn off.

Turning your head, Lucius emerged from the steamy bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. His long blond hair was wet against his chest, and he looked incredibly attractive.

"Good morning," you finally managed out, trying to stop staring.

"It's okay sweetheart, you can look. It's all yours, anyhow," he smiled, coming up to you. He seemed genuinely happy and looking to secure your relationship officially today. He also admittedly, greatly enjoyed the fact that you were looking at him like that.

You turned back to the mirror to see if you could cover the marks, when Lucius moved behind you to see what you were looking at.

He wrapped his arms around your waist from behind and held you tightly, kissing your neck. You couldn't help but melt into his touch, rubbing your hands along his strong arms.

As he kissed your neck, he now saw the bruises that littered your perfect skin.

He really did feel horrible about it this morning. Lucius had no idea that he was being just that rough with you.

You turned to face him, truly on cloud nine that morning, the marks forgotten of entirely. A smile rose on your own face, as you locked your arms around his neck. He looked at you endearingly, hands not leaving your waist. Your eyes flickered to his lips, but only for a second before leaning in, and closing the space between you.

Your heart pounded against your ribcage, the air leaving your body as you felt every nerve unravel with his kiss.

It was not just a singular incident last night, oh no, most definitely not. This chemistry, this electricity was only growing between the two of you.

Lucius was enamored by your unwavering passion, just as the night before. He got lost in your kiss, his arms molding around you as he tried to reign in his intensity but just couldn't help himself. There was so much more he wanted to do to you, but he couldn't mess this up at such a crucial time as you figured out what you were. He eventually pulled away, although he certainly didn't want to.

Staring deeply into your eyes, he pulled back your wispy hair around your ears and kissed your forehead. You leaned into his touch, loving every last minute of your intimacy with him and felt yourself truly happy for the first time this entire year. Between school, and the death eaters, and all the hysteria, you realized you hadn't been happy a single day at Hogwarts that year.

And as much as you loved Jameson, and missed him dearly, this was the first time you felt happy without him being the cause, or around at all.

You never, ever could've expected that it was Lucius that would make you feel this way. Giving you hope, making these sad, gloomy days feel like there was a chance once more at a good life outside these doors.