chapter twenty two - cruciatus

"I-I..."

You tried to respond to her, but the words wouldn't come out. You sunk under her wicked gaze, feeling tears prick your eyes. Jameson instinctively grabbed your arm, trying to protect you.

"Well, are you going to speak up or what? Ridiculous, having this girl take over my manor and she can't even speak," Narcissa laughed, letting her coat fall off her arms.

She shoved it back toward Lucius who still stood there speechless, unable to find any words himself.

"Don't talk to her like that," Jameson demanded, his voice low.

"And why do you think you're of any importance sweetheart?" she asked Jameson rhetorically, giving Draco a pat on his shoulder as she rounded the table.

She was coming up to you.

"Narcissa, what are you doing," Lucius finally managed to get out, no longer frozen.

"Trying to get a good look at the quiet little mouse. Not so brave now, are you?" she chuckled, as she forcibly pulled your chair out.

Extremely offended, you gasped and leapt out of your seat. She grabbed your wrist before you could move though, eyes set on yours.

"Excuse me, what the fuck is wrong with you?" you yelled at her, twisting your arm out of her grasp.

Lucius was bounding over to you now. His jaw was tensed, the muscles in his arms rippling as he pulled Narcissa back forcefully.

Her eyes narrowed to slits at your words, scoffing and turning back toward Lucius.

"You can relax dear Lucius. I wasn't going to hurt your little prize," she said sweetly, sarcasm dripping off every word.

"Like hell you weren't! Stop with this game you're playing Narcissa. Keep her out of it!" Lucius yelled, still forcing her to stay back.

But she wasn't backing down.

Narcissa looked long and hard at your soft face, the envy building as she craved the youth that embodied you.

Everything about you, every feature of yours was encased in a beauty and glow that she couldn't touch. Any hatred or malice she seethed to you wouldn't change a thing. It wouldn't change how Lucius felt about you, or Draco. She realized that now and wouldn't ignore it.

Not that she'd go down without a fight, however. She had more ways to destroy you then with pitiful words.

"Little mouse, do you know about the secrets here? All the lies and games you've been kept from?"

Your face heated up and you swallowed roughly, begging your heart to stop thumping so loudly.

"What secrets?" you asked her.

"Narcissa, this ends now," Lucius demanded, still trying to hold her back.

"No, I think we all need a little lesson here. Even the not so innocent mouse, who's managed to wrap everyone here around her little finger."

Before you could even blink, Narcissa had ripped herself from Lucius' grasp, lunging for you. Defenseless without your wand, her own wand emerged from her dress in mere seconds before she grabbed you.

Restraining your back against her, the elm wand was wedged under your chin, all of you now forced to listen to her.

"Now, why doesn't everyone spill their little secrets? And show the mouse what she's been missing out on. It's not like I could just whisper those words," she teased, the wand swirling around the base of your throat. "Avad-"